What do you do when your out of shelf space?

LSP_Ron

Just working on my Tamiya Corsair and it occurred to me that I am out of shelf room. When the Corsair is done I am down to one slot left.  Not only to I have a stash of un-built kits, I have a stash of 4 boxes of built ones in the Garage already. I am planning to start my Italeria 104 next then the Revell Uhu, a Revell He-111 and a Revell Tornado.  Problem is, where do I put them?  I don't have any more wall space for shelving and other rooms in the house are off limits according to SWMBO

P1310026_zps5dce0aec.jpg

P1310027_zps8adf9b71.jpg

P1310028_zps90f67fd3.jpg

P1310029_zps325bed9d.jpg

P1310030_zpsfe846095.jpg

P1310031_zpsb17246c8.jpg

P1310032_zps550eadbd.jpg

I'd love an answer to this one too Ron. I don't have anywhere to put my recently-finished HK Meteor, so it's still on my workbench, preventing me from starting anything else! I also don't really have any more stash room either...

Kev

Sell them on EBay normally.

I get my pleasure from the actual building of the models so I'll build a few, enter them in contests & then sell them to help finance the purchase of more kits.

Although I have to admit my big scale  EE Lightning, Hawker Hunter & F-86 Sabre have definite not for sale signs on them :)

The models are listed for at least the cost of the kit & even though I don't get "paid" for my time building them this method seems to work for me.

Happy modelling guys,

Martin

Guest Jessie_C

Your local Air Cadet Squadron would love you forever if you donate your old models to them for their Squadron Office. I tend to do that every 10 years or so. Otherwise, what about any aviation museums nearby? They'd also love you forever.

Your local Air Cadet Squadron would love you forever if you donate your old models to them for their Squadron Office. I tend to do that every 10 years or so. Otherwise, what about any aviation museums nearby? They'd also love you forever.

I like that idea a lot, I live blocks away from the Calgary Military Museum... 

That's a nice collection Ron. It seems a shame to have to break it up.

I see alot of wall space in your photos. How about hanging some vertically on the wall? It looks like many of them will fit on the walls between your shelves?

I hope you manage to find an equitable solution.

Cheers.

Guest Peterpools

Ron

Way to go and your wall space problem is proof of the pudding of being a prolific builder. Not wanting to sound selfish, building a collection has to be one of the end goals of the hobby., at least for me. I receive a lot of pleasure and satisfaction from siting back and admiring my mini museum.

Do you have room for a display case which will surely add more available space? If not, the only other choice would be to start adding shelves in between the existing ones. Just a side note, seeing how all your gorgeous work is on shelves and exposed to the mercy of dust and hopefully, not worse, is is hard to keep them clean and pristine?

Peter