Questions on (2) 1/24 Trumpeter Kits FW 190D and BF109K

Paul2660

Many thanks to all the info, you guys are great!  Not sure I am up to making my own masks for the spinner, I tried that a few times in 1/48 days and never got it to work. 

Any ideas on 1/24 decal sheets for the FW-190?  Found some for the G6 eagle strike in 1/24th but nothing for the FW-190D. 

Paul

Edited by Paul2660

I think it's also worth of noting that you need replacement canopy for K4 as they did another mistake on windshield part of canopy. Bottom corner is done wrong and canopy part is not that good either, i used Squadron canopy on mine.

Any ideas on 1/24 decal sheets for the FW-190?  Found some for the G6 eagle strike in 1/24th but nothing for the FW-190D. 

Paul

Peddinghaus decals have some JV44 decals for 1/24 Dora: http://peddinghaus-decals.de/index.php?cat=c24_1-24-Decals-fuer-Flugzeugmodelle-1-24-Decals-fuer-Flugzeugmodelle.html

Edited by DB605

I think it's also worth of noting that you need replacement canopy for K4 as they did another mistake on windshield part of canopy. Bottom corner is done wrong and canopy part is not that good either, i used Squadron canopy on mine.

What sort of mistake(s)? I hadn't noticed anything unusual.

What sort of mistake(s)? I hadn't noticed anything unusual.

Here you go:

IMG_84482.jpg

IMG_84472.jpg

Probably possible to correct with some sanding & polishing but i found it easier to just replace the whole canopy with Squadron one.

Many thanks to all the info, you guys are great!  Not sure I am up to making my own masks for the spinner, I tried that a few times in 1/48 days and never got it to work. 

Paul

Page 2 of the first link I left you shows a workable spinner procedure. I have the masks file in my computer , along with the files for the rest of the markings. Easy enough to mail to you , pm me if you like.