Tamiya 1/48 Bf-109E-7 Trop

Daywalker

On January 1st, I made the New Year's Resolution to try and clean off the Shelf Of Doom.  On the SOD, there are 10 kits- one 1/35 tank, two 1/32 kits, and seven 1/48 kits.  I opted to tackle the easiest ones first, to keep the ball rolling.  I have here the Tamiya 1/48 Bf-109E-7 Trop, a kit I began a few years ago before loosing interest in building another 1/48 Tamiya Bf-109.  Painted with Tamiya acrylics, and decals from the kit and by Kagero from the Top Colors book "Messerschmitt Bf-109 in North Africa".  Weathered with oils and pigments, mostly OOB except for Eduard seatbelts.

That is one kit down, nine more to go!  I am planning to finish half of them this year, more than that if time allows.  I figure that by doing five 1/48 kits, that should allow me to also keep going on the big Tamiya Corsair as well as another LSP or two.  This is also the first kit in a while that I have built and finished in less than a month!

Thanks for looking!

002-1.jpg

003-1.jpg

004.jpg

006.jpg

010.jpg

Guest Peterpools

Frank

Beautiful looking 109 and nice to see the gang hanging out on the SOD is getting smaller and smaller.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Edited by Peterpools

Thank you, I had so much fun building this one that I am now glad I did not sell off my 1/48 collection when I first starting building in 1/32.  These smaller kits make a nice break from the larger more complicated builds.