F-84E first try with foil Done final pics will follow

mark31

Hello to u all.

After i have seen so manymodels with foil i whas thinking of doing one.

So here she is.

Its the hobby boss kit OOB.

The foiling i haave done yesterday.

BILD3412_zpsd82bf776.jpg

And today after six hours of fun.

BILD3417_zpsfd67e7a6.jpg

BILD3419_zps179fa6ca.jpg

Its not perfect but for the first time im happy with the result.

So far i think there will be more to come in bare metal.

Mark

Edited by mark31

Absolutely Marvelous Mark

Great kit to start with......just watchout around the intake, it can be tricky. There should be a panel line around the nose that you have to scribe, look at where

the nose marking ends in front of the gun troughs.

I cut a piece o foil about 10x10 cm and placed it in the palm of my hand and pushed the intake into the foil and twisted it around

until I had a good representation of the intake. Trim the foil close around the outside and X cut the inside to allow you to work the foil into the intake.

It's not as difficult as it sound's, bit it might take a couple of tries. 

You are off to a GREAT start

I have one of these in the RFI from a couple of months ago...  http://www.largescaleplanes.com/articles/article.php?aid=1821

jack

Edited by marauderdriver

Fantastic work so far Mark, really like it!  We don't see enough plank wing Thunderjets, and idea which markings you are going to put on her?

Thanks i whas thinking to use the markings from the kit and going for the F-84E-25 8th FBS flown by Lt.Dolph Overton.

Mark

Holy Cow ... what a start and the foil looks fantastic

Keep 'em coming

Peter

thanks Peter

Mark,  Excellent work so far and will be looking forward to it when you get it done with markings on it.  Dan

Thanks

Mark, great stuff! Nothing looks like aluminium like aluminium!

Tim

thanks and nothing beter than the real stuf.

Edited by mark31

It looks like somebody has been reading the How To Foil Book.  Your study has paid off.  That's excellent foil work.  I can't wait to see the finished product.  

Yes i didt and that whas one of the reasons i startet this kit and im planning to do a few more its a lot of fun.

And thanks for the nice words.

Beautiful...and Fast!!

:popcorn:

thanks but at the moment i have spend about 20 hours of work the first parts i have done have been stript and done again.

Absolutely Marvelous Mark

Great kit to start with......just watchout around the intake, it can be tricky. There should be a panel line around the nose that you have to scribe, look at where

the nose marking ends in front of the gun troughs.

I cut a piece o foil about 10x10 cm and placed it in the palm of my hand and pushed the intake into the foil and twisted it around

until I had a good representation of the intake. Trim the foil close around the outside and X cut the inside to allow you to work the foil into the intake.

It's not as difficult as it sound's, bit it might take a couple of tries. 

You are off to a GREAT start

I have one of these in the RFI from a couple of months ago...  http://www.largescaleplanes.com/articles/article.php?aid=1821

jack

Thanks for the tip and u are also one of the reasons i whent this way :)

About the nose this one is going to be yellow so no problem whit the foil(going for the easy way.

All the rest thanks for the nice words and stopping by i hope to do a update tomorow.

Mark

Edited by mark31