Revell P-51 B

GVINCENT

Hi There,

I know the Revell is said to only vaguely resemble a P-51B but I was curious if the Aires wheel well set would work in the old kit?  I have 3 or 4 in the stash and can only hope there will be something to cut down on "fixing" the wheel well.. among other things.. (that may not be fixable..

Thanks!

Gary

As far as I know, the Aries wheel well is actually mis-labeled.  It is the wheel well for an Allison powered Mustang.  As for the Revellstang B....well they are horrible, and you can send them all to me :innocent:  :innocent:  :innocent:

I have one that I'll send you.  No decals though.  Was going to put it on my sales list but figured I

wouldn't have any takers for the "horrible" thing.  I'll even pay the shipping....if you are in the US.

Cheers,

Jerry

Edited by K5IKL

Dont forget about Jerry Rs B. Its still the best B out there in any medium atm.

...aaaah, ok, i know i'm gonna get killed for this one, but why is Jerry's "B" the best out there when it's a "fairly"  improved (IMHO) copy of the Revell issue , which in itself has been condemned and abhored by the model community whereas in fact its shape wasn't too far off......Just to summon it up: why is everyone concerning a "scale true" Mustang B in such a pain to have it right?

If memory serves some "experts" on modelling indicated that it would never be possible to have ANY aircraft scaled down to ANY scale just the right way EVERYBODY would like it to have........

Ok, i'll just crawl under the rock i came from and have all the blasts just hit me in every way.......

J.

Well I think we are each entitled to our own opinions and having those is everyone right.

I only think Jerry's is the best because I had both the Revell kit and Jerry's offering. From what I can see his has nothing to do with the Revell kit and other than being a resin kit VS injection, is the way I would go.

I hate re-scribing panel lines, and IMHO I would still choose Jerry's kit over the Revell offering every time, having had both, but thats just opinion, and you're mileage may vary. 

Well I think we are each entitled to our own opinions and having those is everyone right.

I only think Jerry's is the best because I had both the Revell kit and Jerry's offering. From what I can see his has nothing to do with the Revell kit and other than being a resin kit VS injection, is the way I would go.

I hate re-scribing panel lines, and IMHO I would still choose Jerry's kit over the Revell offering every time, having had both, but thats just opinion, and you're mileage may vary. 

well like you said Brian, each his or hers own opinion, but i agree to disagree, it's the reason i sold my JR's version (sorry jerry, no offence) because of the same reasons......

...aaaah, ok, i know i'm gonna get killed for this one, but why is Jerry's "B" the best out there when it's a "fairly"  improved (IMHO) copy of the Revell issue , which in itself has been condemned and abhored by the model community whereas in fact its shape wasn't too far off......Just to summon it up: why is everyone concerning a "scale true" Mustang B in such a pain to have it right?

If memory serves some "experts" on modelling indicated that it would never be possible to have ANY aircraft scaled down to ANY scale just the right way EVERYBODY would like it to have........

Ok, i'll just crawl under the rock i came from and have all the blasts just hit me in every way.......

J.

A"fairly improved" copy?  I have never done this in over 10 years of posting on the net but I will now say this. You,Sir,are a nitwit. Either that or you are completely ignorant of what a P-51 is,or both!!

And since you covered your insult by stating that everyone is welcome to their opinion good.......that is my opinion.

J

J

I have one that I'll send you.  No decals though.  Was going to put it on my sales list but figured I

wouldn't have any takers for the "horrible" thing.  I'll even pay the shipping....if you are in the US.

Cheers,

Jerry

Sir I'll take it off your hands and pay the shipping PM me

Jack

A"fairly improved" copy?  I have never done this in over 10 years of posting on the net but I will now say this. You,Sir,are a nitwit. Either that or you are completely ignorant of what a P-51 is,or both!!

And since you covered your insult by stating that everyone is welcome to their opinion good.......that is my opinion.

J

J

Mr Rutman,..Jerry, i owe you an apology, i think "the killing" i was talking about was actually due to me quoting some comments i read on another subject discussed in this forum, viz. the Redux Thunderbolt in respect to your resin representations on both the Bolt and the P51B, in which i understood from the builder of the redux version that even "JR's" kits were presumably based on the revell issues, with improvements.

So if in that respect i'm totally wrong as fas as you are concerned, then as i said i owe you my humble apology.

But as to my knowledge of a P51 Mustang, i think you might be mistaken, but that's ofcourse my own opinion.

I've been working in aviation for over 40 years, unfortunately only a few times have i been in contact with a real Mustang, but everyone who knows me puts "mustang" as my middle name.

But just like you, indicating "that you've never done this in over 10 years....etc", have i myself been in doubt as to express my feelings on your resin P51B for about the same period of time, since i had this kit in my collection, together with several other representations of a 1/32 Mustang, and it struck me more or less to see a resemblance with the revell release, but ofcourse the improvements were obvious.

regards,

Jack.

First time I ever took the low road on the net and I'm not proud of it.

I did have a lot of work and emotion invested in that kit and I thought when I first made it over ten years ago it was light years ahead of the revel kit and I still think it beats the trumpy kit in shape. I improved the thing many times when it was in production and would have continued to do so if I hadn't been buried by the compitition from china and japan

As I have not been in business for some time now I thought I could at least  escape the critics because of it. I now find myself somehow compelled to defend myself while feeling all the while that whatever I say makes me seem like I am just digging the hole bigger.

So if anyone thinks the revell or trumpy kits look better than mine,who am I to argue?

J

Jerry,

Having "had" all three of the B Mustang kits being discussed here I only have one now and it is yours.

IMO it is by far the best B Mustang model that has been done!  :thumbsup:

Edited by Barry