John F Smith

1/32 IMCTH Zero Type 21 Fine Structure - 20/07 - Finished!

Great job so far!

Really takes skill and a TON of patience on this one. It IS a shame about the canopy, as I too hate vacs and at this price they make such nice clear resin and IM lately, that not including one in this kit is ridiculous.

Finally......she is completed.

Oops.  I have to post this in two parts because there are two many photos in it, so consider this Part I

I really pondered what to do about the canopy, and after really looking at the vacform and the Tamiya "matching" part side by side, I decided that putting the Tamiya part on this model would be a mistake; it's just too thick.  Everything about this build has been fragile and delicate and to put a thick injected canopy on it would create a whole different look which could be even worse than the &^%$# vacform and sticky chrome tape.

So, I did what we all do when we have a problem that needs work; I worked it.  I used Bare Metal Foil to patch in the areas where the sticky chrome canopy wasn't sticking, and I'm satisfied with the result.  It's not perfect, but there are a lot of things about this model that aren't perfect.

In spite of it all, it was a worthwhile experience to do it.  It's certainly a unique item and very showy looking, and I'm quite proud of it.

Some of you may recall that I built the Tamiya A6M2b as a companion piece for this one, and now I'm going to display them side by side, just like my two Mustangs.

Without further comment, here are the photos of the completed aircraft model.

port-fwd_zpsbec2a1ab.jpg  

Full-Port-Rear_zps47dff705.jpg  

FullPortFwd_zps4ddc2b3a.jpg  

FullFwd_zps9a41ba34.jpg  

Final-Engine-2_zps9a4662f5.jpg  

EnginePort_zpsde3a82d8.jpg  

John

SPECTACULAR AND BRILLIANT!   Simply a magnificent build and work of art.

Well done.

Who knows, some day I might find the courage to actually attempt one myself.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Peter

Magnificient John !

It has nothing to do with your (outstanding) skills, but my only comment is that the Sakae could have benefited from a finer rendition, had IMCTH chosen resin rather than white metal. You nevertheless did a great job with it !

Hubert