Arado E-377, Cammett kit - He-162 in progress

dutik

I guess I made it with the filling/sanding/rescribing. Have to check the surfaces tomorrow in daylight and to add some last primer in places. If it looks ok I am ready to start painting the missle :D

Regards

- dutik

Facing one last problem, a Maiana Trench at the left wingroot (between the dotted line and the small real wing paneel, where the gray "shadow" is):

cammett0016yode3.jpg

Anyting else looks OK:

cammett0019emc75.jpg

Superglued some strip styrene into the "trench", sanded it level and rescribed the line. Dunno how often I rescribed this line. Sometimes I was in fear of sawing the wing of, given that repeated turns of filling and rescribing.

Primed it another time. We shall see...

Regards

- dutik

Prepared the transport box to move the Arado as well as other stuff (dioramas this time) to the exhibition at Luebeck. I own a large aluminium box with a sealed lid. Size was choosen large enough to fit WNWs Gotha if required - just in case :whistle: 

transport0003hgpxm.jpg

I made a removable floor of 5 mm plywood as well as some simple inserts of plywood with styrofoam legs to have a second storage level. To fit dioramas or bases I just screw some wooden planks onto the plywood to keep the bases in place. To haul aircraft models I simply hotglue some styrofoam supports onto the board, make some cutouts and secure the models with wooden toothpicks. If no longer needed I simply unscrew the planks or break off the styrofoam an fit new supports of choice.

transport0000qbqbq.jpg

Regards

- dutik

Back from the trip. Was a good one. Met Fam43 too :)

Some impressions:

luebeck000462c08.jpg

The happening was at the lobby of a music- and congresshall. Very nice location. There is a river behind the windows and behind it the old town center of Luebeck. Luebeck is an old german Hanse trading city, renown for the bulky Holsten gate and the Luebeck marzipan. For the LSP buffs: one of the surviving Me-262 B night fighters was recovered near the city by the Brits at the end of WW2.

My share of the table:

luebeck000719c4f.jpg

The stuff of my fellow modellers:

luebeck0008qgelu.jpg

Don't miss these WNW birds:

luebeck00036bc0s.jpg

luebeck00028fejr.jpg

Braille scale, but very nice (kitbash of 2 kits, scratchbuild parts and with full rigging!):

luebeck0001kecmy.jpg

luebeck0000dtcm1.jpg

Also added a few Skyraiders at the NAM groupbuild thread.

Enjoy!

- dutik

• 2 months later...

It's summertime. Tourist main season, aka time to earn the money for living here down by the sea (living on an island, tourist destination). So anything modelling is going slow the next months. But I'll try to paint it and to have at least the lower airplane ready for display at IPMS Germany meeting at 6th/7th of September. This is at Gatow Luftwaffenmuseum. If you want to take a ride and visit the show you are welcome :thumbsup:

Regards

- dutik

• 2 months later...