Spitfire Mk VB Hobbyboss 1/32

RJS

RJS, the dihedral, maybe heat very gently with hair dryer and try just bend them gently?  Looks like you don't need much.  Was looking at it again, really like the way you did the patchy grass, looks very good!

Edited by Jimmyjet

Thanks Dennis..

That's why I post here, to get advice.. Should it be the same green as the cockpit?? My reference photo's had a red crowbar, but was a restored spit so that's where I went wrong.

I was wondering if I should point that out.

Incidentally, Barracudacast makes a super door with removable crowbar - which looks great!

I was wondering if I should point that out.

Incidentally, Barracudacast makes a super door with removable crowbar - which looks great!

Agree, I've used it on this build.

RJS, the dihedral, maybe heat very gently with hair dryer and try just bend them gently?  Looks like you don't need much.  Was looking at it again, really like the way you did the patchy grass, looks very good!

Thanks, I'll have a go at this today. I forgot to add that they are they Quickboost resin ones to fix the incorrect molding by HB..Worst case I gently pry them off and refinish..won't take long. After all of the effort, would be a pity to not have an accurate spitty! I'll post photo's once done.

Beautiful work and a great diorama ! How did you do the grass? Was it one of those mats you can buy ?

Thanks Thomas, 

The mat used was a Premium Line "Steppe Spring". I tweaked it a bit with different washes, highlights and added flowers that I made.