What happened to the 1:32 Academy F-16CG/CJ……and how was it?

SinuheH

Hi gents

I'm thinking of building an IAF F-16C Barack, and it would appear that the Academy F-16CG/CJ would be the easiest route, rather than the Tamiya block 50.

However, I see the kit has been struck from Academy's catalogue……..

Before I take the Ebay plunge….. what was this kit like …… or is it better to use the Tamiya kit and Isracast conversion (to make a small mouth F-16).

Thanks and best, S ;)

I think that the Tamiya kit is the best choice to make a Block 40 F-16 C.

If you want make a Block 30,you need the NSI air inlet and the landing gear, present in the kit "Thunderbird" but not easy to find.

The Academy kit allow the two possibility but less accurate on several points, including the air inlet NSI

I think that the Tamiya kit is the best choice to make a Block 40 F-16 C.

If you want make a Block 30,you need the NSI air inlet and the landing gear, present in the kit "Thunderbird" but not easy to find.

The Academy kit allow the two possibility but less accurate on several points, including the air inlet NSI

Thanks, I will probably go with Tamiya.

The Academy kit is still out there, but it's in a new box.

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10194032

Different decals, but it contains the same plastic as the original CG/CJ kit.

Thanks Dave, but that version is also currently sold out on the link you mentioned, and is also no longer listed on the Academy website - the only F-16 they have listed at the mount is the F-16I Sufa.

Edited by SinuheH

Thanks Dave, but that version is also currently sold out on the link you mentioned, and is also no longer listed on the Academy website - the only F-16 they have listed at the mount is the F-16I Sufa.

Strange, I see the Block 40 kit on Academy's web site.  Also, Sprue Brothers has the kit in stock

http://store.spruebrothers.com/product_p/aca12106-os.htm

Plus, you can still find the kit on eBay, also the original boxing for a lot cheaper.  Just saying, if you want the kit, it's still out there.

The Tamiya route will be a lot more expensive.