Tail of two CAGs

P Stoner

During the summer I started two A-6As for a collector who's waited years for these kits. After months of building like a gypsy from this place to that. I managed to finsh both. some of these pics are from my Iphone but have others on a camera that will be posted later, but wanted to show off two CAG birds from the Ospry and D&S books. Decals are from Petrov27, the lion for the VA-145 bird and most of the 196 CAG. He also made a correction to the panther way more accurate than those from the kits. LIke said more detailed photos will be on the way. As a note the VA145 bird took a nasty crash wile trnspotring and assumed it would have been a total write off and off to the part bin! As a testoment to the roughness of the Trumpy kits it was able to be rebuilt with little effort. If glue properly I can say the gear and doors fit very well. Both wings were broke off, Radome, Canopy was trashed and most small parts were broke but glued back with not much problem. The gear and doors were like they were never touched! I can personely say that this kit can travel across the globe and not lose one part! Anywho! heres some pics.

untitled-1.png

1-2.png

2-2.png

011-4.jpg

008-4.jpg

64.jpg

Paul

Beautifully done Paul, they both look fantastic!  Really surprised that with all of the anticipation of this kit's release, only one company has stepped up so far to make any decals for it.

Love what you did with these!

Brilliant, not bad considering not built at a permanent location.  Some delicate masking around the one with the "pink" radome, unusual colour?  Always remind me of what I think was the best of the Stephen Coonts books, Flight of the Intruder.