CANDY CANE A, an Eagle from the Revell kit FINISHED

blackbetty

Normally i dont do two builds at once, but i have waited a long time to get one of the ancient Revell kits, so i just had to start it

got it cheap off ebay locally:

01_zps71d0b85c.jpg

i will try to duplicate this bird, pictured by Jim Rotrammel (posted under fair use):

02_zps230748e4.jpg

i want to pretty much duplicate the scene, with all the tags and the FOD covers, the ladder and all

Edited by blackbetty

since i couldnt find any eagle FOD covers, i started on these

04_zps9a0bdf26.jpg

and on the exhaust. the revell kit has the old style with the turkeyfeathers i need, but they are pretty crude. i tried to combine the two supplied versions (open and closed) by modifying them  to slip into eachother

05_zps0c389c72.jpg

06_zpseb6ba551.jpg

you can really see this is a kit from the eighties.....

i may use FOD covers on the exhausts too, but on the pic they dont seem to be present

Edited by blackbetty

i would too, but unfotunately the A with the stripes is not ASB. as far as i was able to find out only one of the Bs (with black/white) stripes was ASB. i would love evidence of an ASB A though....

as for the rib, i am not sure if it had the stiffener, i have heard that only the four israeli jets had these, because they came from a pre-production line. plese correct me if this is wrong. anyone have a pic of the stiffener?

thanx for chiming in 

Guest Peterpools

Karl

Great to see an 'oldie' being built, as I remember the kit well when it first came out.

Good luck with the project and I'll be following with great interest.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

here is a shot of my 2 seat version

F-15Bmodel.jpg

the oridinal kit came with the early seats.  again....contact me I think I can help you.  BTW if you are going to do the 2 seat, you need to make sure whatever kit you buy has the clear canopy.  the latest version from Revell Germany had it.  some of the single seat versions were issued with the clear canopy.  the only F-15 that ever had a "smoked" canopy was the MD E demonstrator. 

Bruce

Edited by Bruce

i would too, but unfotunately the A with the stripes is not ASB. as far as i was able to find out only one of the Bs (with black/white) stripes was ASB. i would love evidence of an ASB A though....

as for the rib, i am not sure if it had the stiffener, i have heard that only the four israeli jets had these, because they came from a pre-production line. plese correct me if this is wrong. anyone have a pic of the stiffener?

thanx for chiming in 

:doh:

Of course you are correct about the colour Karl. I got so excited seeing the green "Triple Nickel" fin flash and white codes that I completely ignored the Compass Ghost grey cammo.... :rolleyes:

Your image shows the airbrake stiffener.

I've used the image and highlighted the position. It's easy to replicate with some plasticard.

CandycaneEagle_zps917ea637.jpg

Would this aircraft still have the Escapac seat?

I'm going to enjoy this.

:doh:

Of course you are correct about the colour Karl. I got so excited seeing the green "Triple Nickel" fin flash and white codes that I completely ignored the Compass Ghost grey cammo.... :rolleyes:

Your image shows the airbrake stiffener.

I've used the image and highlighted the position. It's easy to replicate with some plasticard.

CandycaneEagle_zps917ea637.jpg

Would this aircraft still have the Escapac seat?

I'm going to enjoy this.

yes it has the escapepac seat.  a good blow up of the cockpit are shows the seat, a metalic green Bay 5 area, and the stiffner on the speed brake.  Also, Micro Scale sheet #32-56 has the markings for this a/c except for the 103 for the tail# it has 111 in it which was an ASB two seat wing commander's a/c.

Bruce

thanx for all of the interest, guys

i hope this wont be as tiring as the 29, Loic :innocent:

Bruce, i have all of your parts for the build, waiting on the SAC gear and have drawn all the decals allready

this is the pit with your IP and a spruced up bay five:

20131223_174553_resized_zpsd85ef4d5.jpg

20131223_164914_resized_zps418303c1.jpg

for the canopy: the part in the kit was molded incorrectly, so i made a master out of a broken tamiya windshield (left), also because i want to refurbish my D eagle and need  second one. some work done on the canopy lower structure, right

20131223_174737_resized_zpsf75d5c79.jpg

Edited by blackbetty