HK Models 1/32 Meteor Mk 4

LSP_Kevin

Great stripes there Kev!

Which Gunze are you using? The acrylic or lacquer? I find the lacquers harden off fairly quickly but you're right about the acrylics taking a bit longer to dry. You can also thin the Gunze and Tamiya acrylics with either of their lacquer thinners and that helps speed up the drying time too.

Carl

Thanks fellas. Carl, I'm using the Gunze Aqueous stuff. I've tried all sorts of stuff to thin it with (generic lacquer thinners, Mr Color Thinner, metho, Windex), but the stuff that seems to work the best for me is Tamiya's X-20A. I went through a phase of thinning almost everything with lacquer thinners, but I'm trying to dial that back now, as I suspect the lacquer thinners is one of my major allergy triggers. And I'm happy to report that, since starting to use the nasal spray that DrDave recommended, I've had nary a problem! Very happy about that. But I still want to treat the issue at the cause if I can.

Kev

Dan and Maru: many thanks! After a bit of mucking about I finally got the silver on:

ydIUo3.jpg

There are plenty of spots that need touching up, most of which aren't' really visible in the photo. If I were doing this again, I'd definitely paint the silver first and then the stripes after that. Doing it the other way around made me lazy with my masking, and consequently I got silver overspray on some of the blue. And when trying to polish it out with some worn wet'n'dry, I managed to break through to the yellow underneath. So now all three colours need touching up! Don't you just hate it when you turn out to be your own worst enemy?

Anyway, touch-ups, gloss coat and decals await.

Kev

Thanks fellas. I've now touched up all the dodgy areas, and in the process completely forgot about the blue panels on the fuselage spine! Ah well, it's a simple matter to mask them up and paint them in. We've got a week of high temperatures ahead of us here, so I want to get most of the painting in before it hits if I can.

Kev