WNW Salmson 2A2 Available (BOTH versions!)

OldTroll

The same sprues are used for both kits.  They differ only in which parts are used/not used for the various versions.  Decals and instruction booklets are, of course, unique to each kit.  Just got my shipping notice, so maybe they'll be here for Christmas!

It's Christmas in....December!

I've got the new AMC DH-9 on the way....and the French Salmson, just ordered today!  

:m0152:

This is great!    I still have to get some of their other kits, but I've built so many Fokkers and Albatri in my life that it's just a joy to FINALLY start seeing these other aircraft.

Woohoo!

Tim W.

Why dont they do a Fokker Dr1. I know Roden makes one, but that didn't stop them doing Albatros'es (Albatri ?). Or a Hanriot HD-1,

I really wish they would too, and perhaps (and I think there's a possibility), they will one day. As to the Albatros fighters, I don't believe Roden/Encore ever did the D.V or D.Va, only the D.I, D.II and D.III.

I have the Roden DI, II and III.  They build up nice, but are a lot more work compared to how the WNW kits are engineered.  I have the DVa from WNW.   I have only built the DI thus far.  The DII I have is the Encore kit with the extra resin and PE and a nicely done Oswald Boelcke figure.

I still want to get the Pfalz III and XII, the DVII and the Rumpler.

Guest Dekenba

First French aeroplane - should open the gates to some lovely SPAD's and Nieuport's not to mention Breguet's.

Far too many German and British models available from WNW. Not that that it meant as a criticism - I love WNW, they are there with Tamiya in terms of quality and I have most of their kits - just that there is some low hanging fruit that they should go for in terms of French and maybe even Italian WW1 types. A Curtiss Jenny would sell well in the USA I'd imagine.

Guest Dekenba

I've got Roden's Nieuport 28 in the stash.

I should sell it before WNW launch their version and consign it to obsolescence - not that it's a bad kit, but who can compare to WNW for WW1 1/32 kits?

The Roden N28 is a pretty nice kit frankly - their DrI is also good, especially the Encore version. I guess WNW may do those eventually but I bet it could be quite awhile out.....

Most of the 1:32 Roden/Encore kits are pretty decent from what I've seen, but still, the same kits from WNW would have to be much better, and just imagine the super high quality WNW decals that would be included.