Fw-190 A8 R/2 Sturmbock "Yellow 17" - JG 3 - FIN!!

Out2gtcha

Very interesting project to follow I must say. I have no intention to hijack your thread byt here´s my effort of the same thing:

http://i627.photobucket.com/albums/tt352/Stoffe_01/Fw%20190/Bokslut_2010003.jpg

Built it a few years ago but didn´t throw that much AM on it.

Good luck with your build.

/Stoffe

Thanks again guys.  :D

On to business....................had Sunday night off too, but still didn't get as much accomplished as I had hoped. Mainly just got down to business on the EP pit. It really is a gem of a set, and the engineering seems to be such that you can install the whole cockpit into the Hasagawa kit with relative ease.

Fist step was a base coat of 66.. In this case, as I always/strictly use enamels, and since I had thoroughly cleaned all the parts and gave them a good soak in a bath of Wetleys, I felt confident in not needing any primer in such a confined space:

DSC02316.jpg

Not using any primer also kept the detail consumed by any layers of paint to a minimum -

DSC02317.jpg

DSC02318.jpg

I also fabed up the PE rudder peddles, and toe clasps, then assembled them with the lower cockpit roof and rudder actuator rods:

DSC02319.jpg

From here, Ill save you the boring shots of each stage, but I then sprayed a 10/1 mix of thinner/black on all the shadow areas, used the same RLM 66 base paint, mixed 50% with white, and dry brushed the highlights. From there, I painted in all the cable detail (some of which is not 100% accurate Im sure, but it looks like it could be correct) PE canopy crank, throttle linkage, cable ties, and instrument side wall detail.

Then, I used a stabbing motion dry brushing method for some chipping/wear and tear, the followed that up with a muddy, spring type wash with some Flory models dark dirt + mud on the lower horizontal surfaces only and a bit on the seat.

DSC02320.jpg

DSC02321.jpg

DSC02322.jpg

DSC02323.jpg

DSC02324.jpg

I also just noticed that I will have to address the 3 small gauges on the lower console, before putting on the lower "roof" containing the rudder pedals.   :hmmm:

MORE..........................

Edited by Out2gtcha

The side walls turned out Ok too, but still need a bit of touch-up on the wiring. I used an oil wash on the acrylic painted wires, to bring the individual wires out (I also know yellow is likely not accurate for these, but I don't care as it brings some life to the otherwise fairly drab LRM 66 waist land) -

DSC02329.jpg

IP hood received the same treatment, and used MM "leather" for the piping, and detailed out the recessed area for the IP panel inside, and also painted the instrument panel lights on either side of the hood -

DSC02331.jpg

Rear armored back/shoulder plate got a bit more weathering, but I like the look so I'm keeping it -

DSC02332.jpg

The seat got some dry-brushing/chipping, MM leather mixed with some tan on the cushion, and was the only other part other than the cockpit floor to get a slight muddy/dirt wash -

DSC02334.jpg

I have also been working on the two small IPs. I have the Eduard color IPs which IMHO have great printed detail, and the instruments look fabulous when assembled. The overall color of the IPs is not really RLM 66, and in typical Eduard fashion, look slightly blueish. This is really NBD, as the color doesnt look that bad once installed, and not having Peter from AirScales IP prowess, I think its still my best option. I didnt get them assembled yet, so no pics, but once I do, Ill post some pics of how they look w/the EP pit.

I know its a bit cheesy, but I threw a bit of the Eduard color IP switch parts onto the side walls not only to dress things up, but also to eventually bring the two IPs together with the sidewalls and have everythign still look like it integrated and all supposed to be there.

Till next time lads (and lass)

Cheers,

Thanks guys. 

Mark...........EP says its the throttle linkage. I had it RLM 66........just like everything else, but got some yellow on it accidentally so went with aluminum just to brighten up that darker area by the pilots feet. Im sure it was likely RLM 66 too though.

Guest Peterpools

Brian

No one can ever accuse you of not hitting the ground and running at full speed. Fantastic start on the front office's major parts. Weathering is superb!

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Brian

No one can ever accuse you of not hitting the ground and running at full speed. Fantastic start on the front office's major parts. Weathering is superb!

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Thanks Peter.  :D

I forgot to show how the rudder pedals came out. They are quite delicate, not unlike Radus pedals (not sure who makes these or if its an in-house EP thing) but I had pedals from both the Eduard set and these from the Eagle Parts set. For whatever reason I chose the EP parts, which do remind me alot of Radus pedals, as they are nice and thin, and fairly easy to assemble.

Per the EP instructions, I assembled the EP PE (<-----haha) parts, then glued them to the resin Eagel Parts pedal brake cylinders. From there, after a coat of RLM 66 like everything else, they got some chipping and then a slight dirtying up w/Flory mud + dark dirt wash -

DSC02326.jpg