Jack

RF8U photo crusader?

Been waiting on this one in 32nd scale for ever. Will this be a RF-8A or a RF-8G or is there any external differences?

Chuck

I will be doing both versions, the differences are visible indeed. Lots of little mods over the time they were in service too.

Paul

Right Paul, I've done a little research and you are of course correct on the visible differences. It seems the AB cooling scoops, ventral fines and a couple ECM bulges/fairings were added to the RF-8G. Will these be included in the conversion so either version can be built? Hopefully Zotz will include some USMC markings as well.

Chuck

Looks really nice, Paul.

Have you solicited any input from Ben Schumacher, the guy who made an RF-8 the Hard way from a couple years back? He may have some useful insight on a couple of things, like wheel diameters and the like. Just a suggestion....

-d-

I'm soooo eagerly awaiting this one!

Partial to the hi-vis schemes myself -- the first military airshow I attended was NAS Moffet Field's open house in 1977. It featured a colorful array of NavAir subjects on static display, including several aircraft from Reserve Carrier Air Wing 30 headquartered at nearby NAS Alameda.

To cut to the chase, one of those birds was a black tailed RF-8G from Andrews based VFP-306, just like the one in the picture Daywalker posted.

For this teenaged airplane enthusiast, it was a day I'll never forget.

As I see it, bring on the lo-vis stickers too. After all, they'd only take up a small corner of the decal sheet, sparse as those markings were :)

Rich

Edited by allthumbs