Jack

RF8U photo crusader?

It is there and available

https://www.victorymodels.com/products/victory-productions-victory-models-1-32-decal-marine-f-8e-crusaders-vpd32002

I know they're not RFs. My reply was initially to otis comment about wanting USMC F-8s to Robs mention that he was considering doing a general F-8 sheet with some RF options. I didn't know if otis meant F or RF.

I stand corrected!!

Anyhow....i'm really really really looking forward to that recce conversion, it's a very "agressive" looking Crusader, i like it!!!

To clarify, I'd take anything F-8. I'm really looking forward to Paul's kit and interested in seeing the decal schemes are included in the conversion.

Chuck

Edited by otis252

I will post a bit of  peek-a-boo tomorrow....It's closer than you think!

WOOOOHOOOO!!!!!   :yahoo:

Edited by Dragon

portside%204_zpsxb2uv7wp.jpgHere we go...some pics of the fwd fuselage halves in progress....These were shot before I started chopping holes in the beast. Intake, cockpit and nose gear well have since been opened and I am working away on truing up the inner wall thickness so everything will fit in there. Wing box has to come off too, but more on that soon. 

These parts are made of tooling epoxy, brushed into female molds taken from the hard foam male plugs. Very messy business working with this stuff, especially cutting and grinding  as it is HARD....But it doesn't shrink, so it's the best medium for this kind of work. Scribes well, too.

More soon, have to clean up this mess in here!

portside%203_zpsg9c0e8cm.jpg

starboard%20side%201_zpscjrauony.jpg

portside%202_zpsnf0cfcd2.jpg

portside%201_zpswwxlagga.jpg