Italeri Starfighter

Rob Colvin

Looking forward for that review Dave, like I said in a previous post I have been waiting for this release so I can review a Leading Edge decal set for it and then build two in RCAF colors. One in the polished alum. with white wings and one in the Euro scheme

Let's all wait for a balanced review eh?  :)

Edit: Our posts crossed onosendai - can you do a brief review for benefit of the rest of us highlighting what you've found? (With apologies if I've missed something - I'm good at that!  ;) )

Like many - I'm interested in a new 104 - but let's not fall out over a kit that's only just appearing!

Iain

briefly:

Pros: looks like a 104

Cons: heavy panel lines (I hate them always in every model), many parts are inconsistent in form and detail (nosewheel, pylons, wheels, electronic bay etc.etc.), PE are useless, some missiles are wrong and many other details that it would take a long time to describe. 

In conclusion, an incredible opportunity lost by Italeri to make the definitive 104, I hope in the next AFV, certainly can not do worse.

hmmm....it does look like the bunch that did the kinectic F-86.....that said I have some kinectic sabres that are very nice...I built one myself.

Could it be the 1/18 kit scaled down with fixes and added parts?

Fixes I see thus far:

.....nose gear from a parts hasegawa S...O' and the wheels too.

A rescibe for the aux intake doors(For the S).....not a deal breaker but a pain in the ()*^*(*%&*^*(

Panel line not that big of a deal (they will hold a wash better LOL).......I tend to be a heavy sander....

Cockpit....hey eduard how about some color etch for the pit

I would have replaced the weapon/ seat anyway

Perhaps I will cut it up and turn it into a C

Hi Rob, the molds were probably made by Kinetic or someone close to them (the CAD design instead in Italy), my great concern is also the value for money, if it cost 40 euro would be acceptable, but 85 euro (street proce here in Italy) is too much, I sorry to say from Italian (and my parts are much criticized for this) but Italeri it's confirmed always as mediocre company.

Having received the kit for my Birthday (I know, it's not yet my birthday.... :innocent: ) and started it (seat and pit) I have the sensation of a not finished job; I mean the sensation to put the kit on the market in an hurry.

But anyway, I think it will look as a F-104.

Cheers,

Jamme