This may be old news but I saw a TBA 1/32 Azur Romanian IAR 81 listed

JimReagan

I think I have a photo of prototype parts that were on display at Telford - I'll take a look and report back.

Looked good from what I could see - but Radu's the expert on these...

Iain

Most of the same profiles as provided in the 1/48 IcaeroDesigns kit. However, I notice that #446 "Nina" has a full yellow cowl in the Icaero kit, but the profile shown for the Frrom kit only has a yellow underside on the cowl. Does anyone know which is correct? Kind of leaning towards that one when I do it in 1/32, especially if the whole cowl isn't yellow.

Thanks for the links, Kagemusha!

John

Most of the same profiles as provided in the 1/48 IcaeroDesigns kit. However, I notice that #446 "Nina" has a full yellow cowl in the Icaero kit, but the profile shown for the Frrom kit only has a yellow underside on the cowl. Does anyone know which is correct? Kind of leaning towards that one when I do it in 1/32, especially if the whole cowl isn't yellow.

Thanks for the links, Kagemusha!

John

I drew the decal artwork for both the lcaerodesign and the Azur FRROM kit. I also provided Azur FRROM wih the profile artwork, but lcaerodesign did not ask me for the profiles, they did their own.

The Azur FRROM profile artwork is correct, the cowl of 446 had a yellow patch only on the underside. I have a copy of the kit test shots that were shown in Telford and they are quite good. I am looking forward to this kit. I am thinking about some parts for it already.

Radu