Hasegawa 109K-4

Fancherello

hello again !

thank you for your kind words, guys !

I worked on the wings with alclad shades and touches of RLM76 according to a photograph in the blue Japo book. Unfortunately metallic variatons dont appear that much on the pics :)

I did a wash in panel lines with sepia ink ( work better than oil on metallic paints, I think )

With a fiber pencil I showed back the scratches I did before the exhaust stains but removing more or less paint. I also did scratches aroud the exhaust stains on places where pilot or ground staff could walk or scratch them

PICT1341copie.jpg

PICT1343copie.jpg

cya

Fanch

curious isnt it ?

its the only K4 I know with such stencil ( could also be black ), that was apparenly factory applied, according to the Japo book, since its an early cowling added to a later plane. I'd be curious to know what it is ?

Given a mate's advice, I corrected the prop's blades whose scratches were too regular on edges ( I also gave a stronger brush following the airflow )

PICT1348copie.jpg

cya

Fanch

Guest Vincent
its the only K4 I know with such stencil ( could also be black ), that was apparenly factory applied, according to the Japo book, since its an early cowling added to a later plane. I'd be curious to know what it is ?

Hi

It was not an early cowling in fact but a G14 AS cowling and the stencil was specific to the G14 AS version. It was instructions about the DB605 AS engine.

Regards

Vincent

hi !

I'm glad you like this propeller: actually its a try to copy a very good friend's productions who taught me loads of things in modelling.

blades and spinner cowling were painted with AS12 Tamiya spray can and polished. Next was the Gunze RLM 70 in very light coats. Then I whiped the leading edges as an air flow with a mix of RLM70 with dark grey and with another mix of RLM70 with sand yellow. I used the same colours to make circles around the cowling. Then I varnished them falt with aeromaster acryl thinned with alcohol to get a dusty coat.

Next I polished the blades and the cowling with various MicroMesh abrasives to let the metal appear.

On the green I used sepia oil paint higly thinned to makes littles dots, the flat varnish helps to get soft edge around the colour.

last step was to use my pencil whose tip is made of thin fiberglass wires and brush the propeller and spinner strongly enough to mark the varnish and get reflects showing the airflow.

next step: landing gears !

Fanch

next steps: weathering continues to show the muddy appearance of the aircraft with CMK pigments sometimes mixed with Tamiya thinner to give them a sollid look. Some weathering has been added with a thin foam cube tapped in dark grey and then gently appliyed on the belly on exposed areas.

PICT1359copie.jpg

PICT1360copie.jpg

PICT1361copie.jpg

PICT1365copie.jpg

cya

Fanch