Morane Saulnier type N - 1/32 "Special Hobby".

Little Andi

By way of introduction............ and as proof that I'm quietly lurking in the background - and of course playing about a bit.

A build I'm working on, and cross pollinating with another board (forgive me) but I registered here and was wanting to introduce myself as I have a small collection of 1/32nd WWII aircraft that I'm sure to need help with at some point - this being my first real aircraft build since I was knee high to a bag of chips - But really also to show off my "stringy-wiry bits" (can you say that nowadays)?

Morane-16_zpsb317a360.jpg

And a quick shot to show more wiry bits and that I've softened my initial weathering on the wings - I'll get to a point when I can do this first time ... but now I've an airbrush that works - (long story) - it's taking a little while to see what it can do?

Morane-14_zps4585a9d8.jpg

Ooops - now I review the photo I see that you can't see anything of the wings ... so check out the cheeks of the cowling and hopefully notice a mix of castor and muck'n'dirt down the sides?

Here's a better pic' of the wings with some wear and tear down the fuselage - this is definitely not a "Hanger Queen".

.............. And as mentioned before ... elsewhere - I likes 'em a bit mucky!!!

Morane-15_zps32f2581a.jpg

Thanks for your indulgence ................. KBO ... Andi

• 4 weeks later...

Well here we go then ...................( A cross pollination post).

Another update ... they keep happening despite myself? ... Actually a little bit of headway now, I have by and large I think got all the rigging done? I'm not sure who recommended this as a first build!!!!!!! - But it nearly drove me nuts.
Truth be told it was a good starter because at least most of the rigging is accessible, and when I got myself into a bit of a knot - at least I could see and reach what it was I was trying to do. I must add that I think any "newbies" will learn more on their first rigging exercise than probably the rest of their projects put together?
And as an aside for newbies (I don't consider myself a veteran of the study yet - but I damn sure ain't no virgin anymore)! It was some rough date, If I'd have known better I think I might of bought myself dinner first!!! Truth be told though I got faster, quicker and much slicker as time went on. For the first half of the build I couldn't even do the "pass back through the tube" thing, by the end I was doing it in my fingers ... with powerful super x-ray specs on and with a "Magnifying-light" too of course.

Anyhoo ............ here's the pic's then ........ remember it's a sacrificial build to get to grips with this new genre of modelling, so some prototypical arrangements may be compromised?

Morane-18_zps20f2a844.jpg[/img]

Morane-19_zpsd837d3c1.jpg[/img]

You can't see it so well on this pic' but I've added some fuel staining on the wings - a little bit clumsy but it's kind of cool in a "first attempt" way.

Morane-20_zps3714f9f8.jpg[/img]

It's the inboard bit you're looking at, the outer part under the anchor points is very coarse - the result of that bliddly Dullcote not knowing whether it was dry or not - and this after several weeks! It will of course be softened down to take the edge off of the effect.

Morane-21_zps35c98c5f.jpg[/img]

Morane-22_zpsdd6f41af.jpg[/img]

Well there you go then?? Getting close to a finish? Must do the propeller, although I've gotten used to the "jet nose cone" effect, a couple of wheels I suppose, and then hopefully once it gets signed off by the powers that be ... (that's you lot by the way).
I might even get it in the "Completed models" thread - Oh be still my pitter-pattering heart.

Cheers lads.