B-17 "Flying Fortress" - 1/32 by HK Models, Eduard, Profimodel

elmarriachi

Guest Peterpools

MIchael

Happy New Year ...

The Big Fortress looks mighty good and being masked out, priming and painting should be just around the corner

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Thank you very much :) 

Painting will come soon.... I just started with the landing gear bays which will receive their painting at first. Then I will mount the wings... and then paint all together :) 

By the way..... the inside of the landing bay... was it green or aluminium ? I could not find a real good picture of the bay so far....... 

THANK YOU!

Michael

Thank you very much :)

Painting will come soon.... I just started with the landing gear bays which will receive their painting at first. Then I will mount the wings... and then paint all together :)

By the way..... the inside of the landing bay... was it green or aluminium ? I could not find a real good picture of the bay so far....... 

THANK YOU!

Michael

As far as my research has found, the landing gear bays were natural metal. I'm yet to find anything that shows they were painted.

Modern warbirds often have them green for corrosion purposes, but wartime Forts were supposed to be around for long enough to worry too much about that!

Tom

As far as my research has found, the landing gear bays were natural metal. I'm yet to find anything that shows they were painted.

Modern warbirds often have them green for corrosion purposes, but wartime Forts were supposed to be around for long enough to worry too much about that!

Tom

Hm. sad for me that is.... have done them in the greenish stuff....

Nice mask work, Michael.  I always wind up scratching my clear areas in the long run.  That's one good thing about foil.  It's a lot easier for me to cut and I don't have to worry about paint seepage.  One thing I learned from my model car days and two tone paint jobs was to first spray down one very thin layer of gloss lacquer before your primer. That way, if there's going to be seepage, it'll be the clear paint and not the color.  the dried clear seals off the masking material when it's dry.  

I also painted my bays green on Silver Dollar.  Oh well, I won't be showing it off except here when it's done.  The plumbing looks so much better against the green background.  

I think the turrets look great.  As far as the wheel wells are concerned, I honestly didn't think that NMF wheel wells would look that good.  You did a fantastic job using the washes and PE.  I was originally going to do my second kit bays in interior green but if they're going to look that good (I hope), I'm switching to NMF.  Fantastic work.  Thanks.