1/32 Messerschmitt Me 262A-2a

DoogsATX

I've decided I need something to keep me sane while I work on the F-16. And I've decided that something will be Trumpy's Messerschmitt Me 262A-2a. The A-2a is similar to the A-1a, but outfitted for bombing. Most of them had two of their .30s removed and the gun apertures faired over.

IMG_20131118_222316_zps3a284fa4.jpg

Haven't made too much progress yet - waiting on some aftermarket before I can really start to play. Eduard BIG ED set, Barracuda wheels, and some form of fabric seatbelts will be the extent of the AM on this one...the kit is really good as is.

The initial test-fit is solid - one can definitely see shades of the 1/48 Hobby Boss Stormbird in this kit.

IMG_20131120_011015_zpsd6a010c5.jpg

Waiting for cockpit stuff, I did some tail work last night. LOVING the stabs on this thing. They may be the best fit I've ever experienced on any model kit.

PhotoGrid_1385017270889_zps72059b39.jpg

More to come...I've got big plans for this one, but I'm keeping those plans to myself for a bit longer!

Nice start Matt. I've got the A-1a kit in the stash, along with several of the Hasegawa and Revell kits. Looking forward to seeing what you do with this one!

Kev

I've got the A-1a and B-1a in the stash, too, but found a scheme for this one I couldn't pass up...

I've got the A-1a and B-1a in the stash, too, but found a scheme for this one I couldn't pass up...

Cool! I've been on the lookout for a cheap B-1a kit, but so far no luck. I've got two of the Revell 2-seaters, so I'm toying with the idea of kitbashing one of them with my remaining Hasegawa kit... :mental:

Kev

Not too much to report yet...still very much in the gathering steam phase.

I got the engines built and test-fitted into their pods. Very nice, no complaints outside of the sheer waste of effort that detailing one of these would represent.

file_zpsda443ad3.jpg

Also got the cockpit elements painted RLM 66 last night. Basically Tamiya German Gray cut with a bit of Neutral Gray. I'm going to have a go with the kit IP rather than using the Eduard PE...and then just go with whichever comes out best. 

IMG_20131126_012100_zps16f6f3d7.jpg