1/32 NA P-51H - We need one of these...

Derek B

3 hours ago, AresShrike said:

I'm waiting for responses from HPH models, and Silver Wings models,  regarding their possible interest, including how many needed at a minimum, and the price each.

Hi AS  :hi:

I serioulsly doubt SW would even consider it.

Good luck with your quest.

Well, I seriously doubt we will get one before long for various reasons:

1. The H still has the same global silhouette than a D Mustang

2. She was only used for some years

3. She never saw combat

4. All ANG markings look the same and were rather plain ones

5. The H was never exported out of the US

Now, jump in the shoes of a manufacturer and take a business-based stance. Suddenly, this looks far less attractive!

To me, if we wait for other Mustang marks, we should rather think about early marks or the twin-Mustang. Go back to my list of criterias and compare with the P-51H...

As a comparison with another topic sharing my criterias, have a look at the number of resin Spitefuls and Seafangs sold up to now...: dozens! 

I believe the probability to get one is only linked to the fact one designer or manufacturer may love so much the plane that he would dare losing money! 

To me, this was unfortunately the case of the Hph Hornets and this is never good for a manufacturer... 

HPH - "Comprehensive
Model development for this category is 8000, - Euro. Then I can supply
your kit under your brand for 125, - / pc."

So, $9,279.26 for model development, then, 125 Euro each model thereafter.

Considering HPH's amazing quality, and attention to detail, it's not a bad deal, BUT...…..well, at least the offer is out there now, for an exceedingly excellent (not like the Trumpeter P-51B) model, in 1/32, of the P-51H Mustang. (I imagine, that approximate $$ figure could be used for most any other "similar" aircraft too - Like the Spitfire Mk 21 )

Well, I'm gonna go see what I've got in my wallet...…..

Edited by AresShrike

Now, admittedly, $9,000 sounds like a lot, but...…..

If 45 people, pay $200 each, for the development model, then the 1/32 P-51H would be available, for $144.71 each.

Not too bad, when you look at it that way.

Now, where are my 45 friends!!?? (with $200 to spend)

Maybe I should start a new "HPH 1/32 P-51H Mustang - Group Buy!!!" thread. (Done)

Edited by AresShrike

I must admit that I find the H model to be the ugliest of the Mustangs. It lost a lot of the curvy lines and proportions of the earlier models, at least to my eye. It is however, a huge hole in the history of the airframe as far as kits, and would be a welcome addition to many, I'm sure. Bring it on!!

Tim

Well....ugly is in the eye of the beholder, just an example:

F4 Phantom...............wings straight, tips bent upwards, nose bent downwards, stabilizers cranked down as if about to fall off....and still a fantastic looking aircraft.........just saying.....

33 minutes ago, Jack said:

Well....ugly is in the eye of the beholder, just an example:

F4 Phantom...............wings straight, tips bent upwards, nose bent downwards, stabilizers cranked down as if about to fall off....and still a fantastic looking aircraft.........just saying.....

Indeed it is. I love the F4 for precisely the reasons you stated. Art is subjective, right?