Market Research - Your top 'wanted' aircraft in 1/32 please...

richdlc

I'll bite!

I think I've been lucky enough to see most of my wishlist produced over the last few years in 1/32. It's been amazing. I've dream't of a 1/32 DH Hornet for years!

...But there's always a few more, so..

Bristol Blenhiem

BP Defiant

Arado 96

Fiat G.46

Aichi Val

Westland Whirlwind

Pilatus P.2

Regards;

Steve

Edited by fightersweep

Delta twins for Jets:

The Mirage III have some beautiful color schemes :wub: . I am thinking especially of the bare aluminium french machines, and those in Israeli camouflage.

Options and aftermarket sets would make it easy to make variants, especially those heavily modified SAAF aircrafts.

Then there is the Saab Draken which was quite exotic and exported to several nations, unlike Viggen.

Shelf space would be less of a problem for these Deltas, than for Liberators ;)

Props then: Dornier 217 night-fighter and missile carrier, perhaps? Good looking and cool; It sunk Roma showing the coming rise to power of guided weapons :ph34r: .

But the Ju 52 is a classic.

Guest Dekenba

A proper B-17G.

Ha ha!

Or:

Fairy Gannet;

Boulton Paul Defiant;

LaGG-3;

Petlyakov Pe-2;

Fw-189;

Aichi D3A.

I'll not list any WWI as WNW's probably have them in development!

....this is serious research for a model company.

Is this "model company" an existing company or just a paper napkin company?  Marketing research takes a whole lot more than just some opinions of a bunch of LSP'rs on any site.  If this is an existing company, does it produce main stream injected plastic kits, short-run plastic kits, vacuform kits or resin kits?  The medium is of paramount importance to some of us who dislike vacuform kits and won't pay the high prices for resin kits so in that respect, any opinions for a kit will be moot without a cost-benefit factor.  I should think that the surveyed respond with additional information such as the maximum amount they would be willing to pay for their choices with a percentage tolerance.  I would also include something alluding to what details would be expected for said pricing. 

There are a few of us on this board who are marketing saavy so please forgive the seemingly fifth degree in at least my response.  IF this is just a survey to get information, then I would suggest the company use a survey generator (a name of one fails me at the moment) and then you can post a link to it for us to complete.  There has to be more than just "What do you want to see in 1/32 scale?"  Indeed, if that is the only question then any kit developed, marketed and sold will most likely not generate the sales predictions simply because there weren't enough parameters to the survey to accurately assess the market.

However, in the spirit of the thread I will offer the following (with personal pricing data which is  the most I would be willing to pay for said kit with a tolerance of 10-15%):

1. F6F-3/5   (a good one)               $65

2. F-106A/B               $130

3. Aichi D3A              $60

4. Nakajima B5N       $60

Edited by TimC

I forgot!

Messerschmitt 209 v5/v6

Messerschmitt 309

Messerschmitt 609

and the

Messerschmitt 109 zwilling, of course.

Prototypes and paper projects, but what the heck! And the me 209 v5/v6 really is foremost on the list.