Market Research - Your top 'wanted' aircraft in 1/32 please...

richdlc

So... What is the outcome of all these ideas / wish lists...

Market research for who, why what and most importantly ..,when!

With 20+ years experience in this area, I can tell you that unfortunately nothing is going to happen with this information if it is an established model company.  Rich will put it all together, and send it to whatever model company he spoke with, and they will send it to their marketing department.  Since it is not "real" research with known sample sizes and analytic reports, (top two-box etc.) it will be looked at, then set aside since no real marketer would ever use anecdotal data (which this is) to make product marketing decisions.

If it is a tiny company without a marketing department (such as a resin or limited run kit company), they may actually look at it, but again, since the data represents such a small amount (statiscally insignificant) of potential, paying customers, it is "directional" at best.  Even in this case, the only thing that it will tell the model company is that "of an unknown number of forum readers, X said they wanted to see Y subject.  Of that X number, a smaller subset will probably actually buy a kit if we made it".  So, to extrapolate, lets say 100 people said they wanted a kit of subject "Y".  Of that, how many will actually buy the kit when it come out?  If you were about to invest $150,000 to make an IP kit, would you do it based on the results of a model forum poll?

But, nonetheless, it is fun and interesting to see the different responses, so don't let me stop everyone from suggesting ideas!

Doug

Edited by DougN

Hi - many thanks for the suggestions!  Certain aircraft are popping up again and again, which will make for some interesting discussions

I am going to collate all the data now, as well as that from the same poll I conducted over on Britmodeller, and then talk to the relevant people...

So... What is the outcome of all these ideas / wish lists...
Market research for who, why what and most importantly ..,when!

Sorry - you know how this works.  I can't say!  But let's call them a large manufacturer of injection moulded kits.  Will they make a decision based purely on data gleaned from a couple of UK websites? Unknown.  But they are keen to hear this info & get started on R&D for releases in the next couple of years, so who knows - you might just have tipped the balance in favour of your most wanted kit being released!

Thanks for your input...

Rich

Hi!

A bit late to the party, but here´s my suggestions;

1)  D.H. Mosquito (all versions)

2)  Mirage IIC/E

3)  Beaufighter (all versions)

4) Fiat G.91

5) SAAB J-35 Draken (All versions)

6) OV-10A/D Bronco

7) Tiger Moth

8) Spitfire Mk.V

9) Spitfire Mk. XIX

10) D.H. 88 Comet

Cheers!

Stefan E

for me

Loire-Nieuport LN411

Arsenal VG33/39

Westland Wirlwhind

Fairey Barracuda

Mirage all versions

Boulton Paul Defiant

Hawker Typhoon

DH Mosquito

Avia B 135

Blackburn Roc Skua

Curtiss CW 21

Fairey Fulmar

FFVS J 22

Fokker DXXI

Koolhoven FK 58

Yak 1- 3 -9

VL Mirsky II

P43 Lancer

VulteeP 66 vangard

LAGG 3 LAGG 5

Thank's Topper71

Hi, sorry, new to the board and late as well.

Would love:

- Sepecat/BAC Jaguar GR anything.

- NA T-28 Trojan/Fennec

- AW101 Merlin

- Westland Wyvern

- Bristol Beaufort (please, please, please...)

- Vought Corsair Mk.IV (FAA Variant)

- Hawker Audax/Hart/Osprey etc.

- DH Chipmunk

- BAC Jet Provost/Strike Master

But number one on the the list:

- Scottish Aviation Bulldog.

Thanks for asking.