differing "Sky" shades in decal sets?

Daywalker

I was perusing my decal stash this evening looking for ideas for a Spitfire Mk.IX, and I was struck by the differing shades of Sky used for the aircraft code letters on the many sheets by differing manufacturers.  I have sets from Techmod, Barracudacals, Eagle Editions, Kagero, Victory Productions, and Xtradecal and all of them are different.  It's hard to tell which is closest as they take on anything from a medium pea green to a light greenish yellow on the sheets.  I am certain they will look very different on the painted model vs. the decal sheet.  I know there can be differing shades on different aircraft sue to fading, overpainting, and many other factors but I was curious if anyone has used enough of these different sheets to know which one is closest to a factory applied, freshly painted letter?

I thought I would ask here first as opposed to using a decal from each sheet to see how they compare.  I would love to hear any thoughts on this!

When on their support paper, decals color could be different than once they are set on the model, so even if there are still different shades of sky, they could be less important.

The only way to perfectly match decals with paint is to make your own masks. That is not to difficult with simple code letters. You trace the decals on a paper sheet, then you put a sheet of frisket on this paper, and you cut out the letters. I did it for custom code number on a czech mig-19 and I have even done that for a big scorpion tail art on a F-16C, it was a bit long, but quite easy.

Edited by Zero77

Thanks for the replies gents!

I knew that the question could be a difficult one, just trying to get close.  Hopefully, someone out there might know which of these mentioned sets is closest right off the decal sheet.