More B-17 stuff coming

csavaglio

Hopefully it hasn't been mentioned yet, but in the new Eduard newsletter, they're releasing fabric versions of their seatbelts this month (old news, I think) and for December, a Brassin MG set and 4 Brassin engine sets....one unique set for each engine/cowl. 

It was mentioned that there would be a BigSin set that includes all 4 engines (why on Earth would anyone only use 1 aftermarket engine.....). 

It was also mentioned that there would be 2 BigEd sets for the PE.  Just a guess, but I would figure on separate exterior and interior BigEd sets. 

For those among us who haven't spent enough money on their B-17, there you go....  The Brassin stuff is usually pretty reasonable, but I'm guessing those engines are gonna add up.  I'll have to see if they're worth picking up when the pricing gets finalized.

Chris

I found some CAD illustrations of the engines and guns.  The engines in particular are very impressive looking.  Considerably more detail than the rather sparse kit engines.  I'd post a link, but for some reason, my computer is refusing to do links at the moment.  The pictures are easy to find, though.  Just do a search under Eduard Brassin B-17 engines.

Jerry Peterson

Having seen what Eduard's been doing with their Brassin line, I have no doubt it'll all be very impressive.  My only concern will be how much coin they're going to want for it. 

Pure guess, but I'd think the MGs will be in the $20-30 range with each engine set costing aroun $50......  that's just a guess though based on what previous sets have cost.  Time will tell.....

Chris

Hannants now offer the Brassin bits for pre-order. The engines are £20 a piece !!! The .50 set is going for £20 as well. I'm not sure about the guns, but the engines are NOT going into my basket!

(£20 equals $32)

Edited by Stormer

Are those gun barrels brass or resin?

Because if they are resin, why on earth would I but them?

Engines look cool, and if you are going to blow the budget, why not?

Edited by nmayhew

I would use the resin gun bodies and mate them up with some Master brass careless. The guns look a whole lot better than the kit ones.....no sink marks for starters. I picked up an Aires gun set....4 guns....to put in the waist and nose where the breaches will be very visible.