F-84E Thunderjet in foil

marauderdriver

Lovely!  Is that the Hobby Boss kit I assume?

Did the nose cone, or inner intake parts give you any issues foiling? The Tamiya 1/48th kit intake looked like a bear to foil, but thought it would likely be much easier in 32nd.

My bro made a foiled 1/48th Czech straight wing F-84 but always thought a 32nd version would rock..........and it does! 

Edited by Out2gtcha

amazing...especially as presented in the third picture..almost "livelike airborne photography made agains a misty background", congratulations on your splendid build.

cheers,

Jack.

Beautiful natural metal finish. 

What adhesive did you use? Any particular brand of foil?

My experience with aluminum foil is  its easy to leave a fingernail mark on the foil. The easy answer is don't mark the foil  Do you have a suggestion on strengthening the foil to prevent this from happening?

Again great work.

That looks really awesome mate! Great work. May I publish it on the website?

Kev

Thank You  Kev  and I would be honored if you did    Jack

Lovely!  Is that the Hobby Boss kit I assume?

Did the nose cone, or inner intake parts give you any issues foiling? The Tamiya 1/48th kit intake looked like a bear to foil, but thought it would likely be much easier in 32nd.

My bro made a foiled 1/48th Czech straight wing F-84 but always thought a 32nd version would rock..........and it does! 

Thank You Brian   Yes it is the Hobby Boss .....I had a judge give me grief about a gap inside the intake........no gap but a reflection on the 90 degree corner .......I engraved the missed panel line around the nose and used 1 piece of foil that I made a hole in the center and worked it around.

...that is one hell of a bird...., veeeerryyyyy nice mr.....

Thank You      

COR BLIMEY !!! :clap2: :clap2:

It's gets MY attention...

OUTSTANDING bit of modeling and she looks GORGEOUS. :wub:

the photos are Awesome And the last picture us SUPERBLY taken..

KUDOS...

:bow: :bow: :bow:

Thank You            The pics taken by my niece with a macro lens

Wow!! Awesome stuff mate.....

Thank You

Awesome Thunderjet for sure, as the NMF looks perfectly weathered.

Peter

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thank You Peter     I held my breath and shot a coat of semi gloss to reduce but not kill the shine

Seriously - if the up-close pictures had a real background, then I would have beleived they were real. Wow it looks great !!

Thank You  Thomas     the pics are my nieces "fault"

Bowled over. Quality work.

- Steve

Thank You Steve

she does look great! always wanted to build one of these. yours is inspiring.

Thank You          "JUST DO IT"     it is really a nice kit  and the decals are the best I've ever used

Glad I noticed the clear "rod" ....    the only thing that gave away that it was a model! First two pics had me thinking if it was a real plane with a photoshopped background.

( but then again, you could have taken a pic of a real plane and fotoshopped the background and the rod.....  ;)    )