Tamiya Corsair - FAA markings

LSP_Ron

Hey Ron, it looks great but something is bothering me. The wheel hubs look like they stand off too proud from the surrounding tyre. Are they kit rubber tyres? Are they only an interim item till something comes in from aftermarket? Is it possible the tyres are installed into the wheel hub/ brake assembly backwards? Are the wheels simply not pressed fully into the tyre?

I don't want to take anything away from an otherwise beautiful build, but it just glares at me. No offense intended.

david

Thanks guy

Hey Ron, it looks great but something is bothering me. The wheel hubs look like they stand off too proud from the surrounding tyre. Are they kit rubber tyres? Are they only an interim item till something comes in from aftermarket? Is it possible the tyres are installed into the wheel hub/ brake assembly backwards? Are the wheels simply not pressed fully into the tyre?

I don't want to take anything away from an otherwise beautiful build, but it just glares at me. No offense intended.

david

Wow, 110% correct. I just checked and your right. The tires are on backwards. I've reversed them and the look much better.  I think that maybe the only downfall with this kit, it's really sensitive to assembly.  In all my years of building I don't recall ever seeing tires that are separate from the rims that are directional to installation? visually you can't tell they are directional. I pulled them off, flipped them and the hub is flush with the rim. There is also much more space between the tire and the forward landing gear door now.  Very strange.

Cool; glad it was an easy fix. Was a little afraid i might have hurt your feelings. Like i said before, otherwise a great build.

and yeah the kit really IS sensitive to assembly. My "favourite" was the round, photo-etched oil cooler screens. Each one has a differently-sized key.

Those were an unwanted surprise but i was able to work around that.

FWIW i posted my Non-32nd scale Corsairs in the separate discussion forum. I will spray my seat with dullcoat tomorrow. then it will be time to close up my fuselage. Did not like those Tamiya photo etched seat belts one bit, but aside from that the kit has been a breeze.

david

Edited by David Hansen

Thanks guys,  it was slow build but a fun one

Excellent work Ron! Looks fantastic. When you get a chance, take some glamour shots and publish them on the website.

Kev

Will do Kev, maybe this weekend