Tamiya Corsair - FAA markings

LSP_Ron

I thought I would post some pics just to show that I actually do build once and awhile. I got more bench time in this last weekend than I have in the last 8 months. 

This is a fun kit. I am really enjoying it.  I am not going nuts with details or I'll never get it done but the kit gives you everything you need short of the cockpit wiring. I plan on sealing the engine up in the cowl so the wiring to the rear bank of cylinders isn't entirely correct as it won't be seen. I plan on doing this one in FAA colors. I have second one in the stash that will be in USN colors.

Thanks for looking

PA270003_zps25ca3f50.jpg

PA270005_zps3dcaf6d6.jpg

PA270006_zpsf8d88905.jpg

PA270002_zpsdc011d01.jpg

PA270001_zpsdbe5e697.jpg

PA270007_zps0cd2754c.jpg

Guest Peterpools

Ron

Great to see you back at the bench again after a grueling work schedule the past months. The Big Radial looks great and totally agree the kit offers all the details necessary. Nice choice for the markings

Keep 'em coming

:popcorn: :popcorn:

Peter

Thanks guys.  I also decided to forgo the pink inner bits and am going with interior green in the radiator areas etc.  I have a hard time going with the salmon idea?

Whatever snaps your galuses Ron! It's your model and I know the finished kit will look great. When I first heard about the pink salmon color I thought "what the heck?!" LOL :)

Hi Ron,

Boy where did the summer go!! now we have snow again  :doh:  sorry we did not get together over the summer, will call to see how things are going, love the start on the Corsair, I know you will do a great job on it, I have started to build the Tamiya Mustang and ZM Mustang and do find the Tamiya a great engineered model.

Regards

Richard

Hi Richard, thanks. Where did summer go? I didn't even get my 57 Chev out for a drive this year :shrug:

What is with this SNOW! I had to delay a road trip due to bad road conditions. Well at least it allowed for some build time.

This Corsair kit as a far cry from my last effort. Just no comparison.

• 2 weeks later...