Revell Bf 109G-10 Erla release next year

Kagemusha

Well Andreas you can pass on directly to him that unless they fix the issues with the kt many people who love the 109 will not touch it.

I ave a cupboard full of Hasegawa kits which i ave already got cockpits and spinners for.

Pass onto him a question..why oh why would i buy another 109 that doesnt build as easily and requires me to by more aftermarker instead of a great kit out of box.

They are losing lots and lots of sales unless they retool the bulges,props etc.

No retool equals no sales in a lot of the world where Revell is as if not more expensive than Hasegawa or Trumpeter...

Nice work on the cowls..

Even if the Revell kit was perfect I don't seeing it supplanting the Hasegawa 109 in Asian markets.  I think their target audience is Europe and North America and they'll sell enough there to be more than viable despite some faults with the kit, especially with a mid $20's price range.

As Andreas pointed out for every one person that gripes about the inaccuracies on a forum, there are 19 people who will build it out of the box and be happy with it.  Although I personally prefer the Hasegawa kit I can't say that I'm ready to write off the Revell 109's quite yet.

Well Andreas you can pass on directly to him that unless they fix the issues with the kt many people who love the 109 will not touch it.

I ave a cupboard full of Hasegawa kits which i ave already got cockpits and spinners for.

Pass onto him a question..why oh why would i buy another 109 that doesnt build as easily and requires me to by more aftermarker instead of a great kit out of box.

They are losing lots and lots of sales unless they retool the bulges,props etc.

No retool equals no sales in a lot of the world where Revell is as if not more expensive than Hasegawa or Trumpeter...

Nice work on the cowls..

I guess you missed the part about us being 5% of total sales?  

And even then, some of us will still buy it, so now you're probably talking about 1%-2% of the total market.  For example, as a 109 lover, even with a stack of Hasegawa kits, I'll be picking up a couple Revell kits, and definitely an ErlaG-10 if they release one as it will be the only ErlaG-10 kit.

Doug

OMG. Well, actually I proposed RoG to consider making Erla variants of late war 109s such as G-10, G-14/AS and the news came along. Indeed this will be the one and only G-10 Erla kit.

I do not know what they think but hope they can continue focusing on niche market for 109 enthusiasts, e.g., C, D, early E variants.

Edited by Jay Kim

Hello Andreas

I'll be buying at least a couple of Erla G-10s (one to convert to Erla K-4). 

I've just looked over the Alley Cat set for the G-6 and it does a fine job of addressing most of the issues we've seen discussed into oblivion... :)

Now when Alistair did the upgrade set the nose gun trough issue hadn't been raised so that isn't a correction part. Can you explain how you increased the gap between the troughs? If you widen the gap in the middle by cutting and shimming, that'll make the part too wide - did you just sand the out sides of the part until they lined up with the sides of the cowl?

Apologies if you've posted this elsewhere...

Matt

... I guess you missed the part about us being 5% of total sales? ...

... and definitely an ErlaG-10 if they release one as it will be the only ErlaG-10 kit ...

Doug

Doug ...

I know that I certainly didn't miss it!! ... 5%, 0.0009% or 99% ... sorry but as a customer - that sort of attitude is undesirable in a manfacturer ... the objective should be 100% satisfaction, 100% of time.

Now ... of course we know that will never actually happen - people are very hard to please ... but the idea that a 'group' of customers (especially a 'focus' group - specifically located in a companies' target market) is ignored or cast to the side as irrelevant is shocking, no?

Perhaps if the design and quality control department had the "100%" mantra, the errors on the G-6 kit would not have been so glaringly obvious?

Having said that ... the G-6 is a kit that is just like any other ... and should build well - with a little bit of AM attention.

... It's just that it could have been so much more!

The ONLY G-10/G-14 ?? ... I have 1/32 Hasegawa examples of both on my shelf atm ??? :hmmm:

Rog :)

Guest Dekenba

Us anal modellers represent something like 0.10% of Revells sales - if that.

I think that, £ for £, Revell produce amazing kits that are absolutely unsurpassed in value terms.

The perfect - or even near perfect - kit that you want simply does not and will never exist.

DSC_0515.jpg

The troughs are formed on a nearly rectangular formed carrier on the inside of the top cowling part. With the use of a Czech "tiger" blade these were cut out with the plan horizontal and vertical surfaces as a guide. Then some sheet material was glued in to increase the distance from the center. The cut out parts were then glued in again in their new position. After that the nerving process of puttying and sanding in repeating steps.

During the design phase of the kit nearly all major issues were addressed in time - and simply ignored. Frustrating for all who accompanied the design phase. And these were throughout knowledgeable people !

With the distance of a year now: it was nearly deliberate sabotage.

Quote" During the design phase of the kit nearly all major issues were addressed in time - and simply ignored. Frustrating for all who accompanied the design phase. And these were throughout knowledgeable people !

With the distance of a year now: it was nearly deliberate sabotage".

I think this makes the Revell management's strategy quite clear - be reasonably accurate - but keep the costs down at expense of true attention to detail.

This is different to the route taken by Tamiya and ZM - but their prices are in a way different league.

Different horses for ....

Edited by SinuheH

It's the only Erla G-10 in any scale, quite a bit different, scroll down to appropriate piece http://109lair.hobbyvista.com/articles/g10/g10.htm

Model http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=23256&page=1

Ahhh Kage' ... A guy over on LSM cleared this one up for me ... and a little online searching ... thanks!

I've learned something new today! ... I doubt Revell, with it's present obviously nonchalant attitude, will get it right though!!

Rog :)

Enough is enough.

Stop shooting at the "pianist" Rog :) .

You buyed ZM kits, ok, do you think they are perfect? A nd they sell at 4 or 5 times the price of a Revell........

Now OK, that will be collector's as you said..... 

The older among us will remember the years when we had 1 or 2 new kits a year..... and we were happy with that.

A 109 looked as a 109 and everything was OK.

So, please, return to the basics, and ENJOY building models.

My 2 cent.

Cheers,

Jamme

Edited by Jamme