Revell Bf 109G-10 Erla release next year

Kagemusha

Sorry to hijack to conversation , but if the old 32 Mossie is released.. hopefully we might see some resin for it , or am I just dreaming?

I reckon chances will certainly improve, especially if it gets a decent run and isn't hijacked by rumours of a new-tool kit (which we've seen hints of already).

Kev

I only buy AM for jets - props have to be 99% OOB and a straightforward build and a forty+ year-old Mossie kit is pushing those boundaries a bit.

New tool Mossie, and I'll be buying every released version, and building them all.

Might pick up a Tonka re-release though. That's, what, a fifteen year old tooling?

Tony T

Confirmed !

Revell had the announcement on an info sheet for the dealers. Official announcement was planned for Telford or late Nov. More on the G-10 later in a different posting.

We will also see a built from ts1 of the Tonka (48th) and the EC-135 heli which should hit the shelves before Christmas.

The Spit will not be in Telford but the release date April ´14 is likely to be maintained. More about this one early Dec.

All other new releases for 2014 as usual on New Years Eve on the websites of Modellversium, IPMS Germany, DPMV and others.

Cheers

Andreas Beck

Not another ancient re-release. The Corsair was a fun build when i was a teen.... I never got around to the Mossie

BUT

Why, oh, why can't we finally have a  two stage Merlin Mossie PR XVI?

I'd even take 72 or 48 scale.

Boggles the mind.... :(

The G-10 and Spit are very welcome ;)

Edited by SinuheH

Regrettably not ready for Telford this is an attempt to make one of the few Erla built Ks based on the G-10 kit. There is only one photo of a 570 xxx block K which has the short fixed tail wheel. This model will have the ordinary K tail wheel configuration.

The gun trough discussion in  this forum lead to a significant delay in the project. As Radu stated earlier the MG 17 where 180 mm of center, the MG 131 210 mm. The troughs were sawed out with the use of one of these wonderful Czech "Tiger" blades. There is a good guide on the inside of the kit parts. Puttying and sanding was a time consuming job but I wanted to proof that even with mediocre skills (like mine) this can be accomplished successfully.

The profile of the oil cooler housing was also corrected.

More to follow later in the WIP section.

Andreas  Beck

DSC_0520.jpgDSC_0519.jpgDSC_0513.jpg

Good News about Revell's G-10 Erla variant and the overall improvements for the kit.  Perfect timing as I am wrapping up my Hasegawa G-10 conversion using the Eagle resin conversion set.  The Italian aircraft markings portrayed in the Stormo decals are very striking.

Rick

I reckon chances will certainly improve, especially if it gets a decent run and isn't hijacked by rumours of a new-tool kit (which we've seen hints of already).

Kev

I thought I saw some AM resin etc on e-bay for a 1/32 Revell mossie?? Is the stuff rubbish?

Confirmed !

Revell had the announcement on an info sheet for the dealers. Official announcement was planned for Telford or late Nov. More on the G-10 later in a different posting.

We will also see a built from ts1 of the Tonka (48th) and the EC-135 heli which should hit the shelves before Christmas.

The Spit will not be in Telford but the release date April ´14 is likely to be maintained. More about this one early Dec.

All other new releases for 2014 as usual on New Years Eve on the websites of Modellversium, IPMS Germany, DPMV and others.

Cheers

Andreas Beck

Forgive my ignorance Andreas ... but are you connected with Revell??

Good news on the Spit ... I doubt anyone would really mind delays - just as long as those delays mean that they get it right! ... I'm certainly looking forward to it!!

... Still no Do-17z though!! - or even a hint of one ... Which is really disappointing! :(

Regrettably not ready for Telford this is an attempt to make one of the few Erla built Ks based on the G-10 kit. There is only one photo of a 570 xxx block K which has the short fixed tail wheel. This model will have the ordinary K tail wheel configuration.

The gun trough discussion in  this forum lead to a significant delay in the project. As Radu stated earlier the MG 17 where 180 mm of center, the MG 131 210 mm. The troughs were sawed out with the use of one of these wonderful Czech "Tiger" blades. There is a good guide on the inside of the kit parts. Puttying and sanding was a time consuming job but I wanted to proof that even with mediocre skills (like mine) this can be accomplished successfully.

The profile of the oil cooler housing was also corrected.

More to follow later in the WIP section.

Andreas  Beck

So is this a dedicated marketable correction for the Revell kit ... or just part of a personal build?

Rog :)

I am not an employee of Revell but had to do with the 109 project. I just want to show that many of the tweaks and "issues" of the kit can be corrected with normal home grown methods. I did these top cowling jobs for my own kits but it is not difficult to repeat this surgery.

It is unlikely that these corrections will be incorporated in the kit. The molds are done. New parts mean new investments and Revell´s kit prices are calculated on the knife`s edge and new investments seem to be limited.

Revell´s product manager knows about all our desires and wishes. But the final word about production is felt elsewhere. Our bunch only represent less than 5% of the sales figures and at least Revell is just a normal firm and product decisions are a result of economic reflections.

Andreas Beck