F-16C barak

Zero77

Hi,

This is the first 1/32 kit i've built, in 2009/2010, and i've been hooked by this wonderful scale. (never built any other scale from this time).

It is the tamiya block 50 kit, with the isracast conversion, aires cockpit, wheel bay and exhaust, and isradecals decals.

She stayed unarmed for years, and this week i decided to finish the ornance i've bought for her in 2010. They are Spice bombs and Python 4 missiles from isracast. The quality was not amazing (way far from Flightpath, AMS or Zactoman !), but they at least exist, and one painted they look not so bad.

I modify the cushion on the seat, to make the sheep fur type instead of the standard fabric type.

This tamiya kit is one of the best kit ever, a real pleasure to build. On the other hand, the aires AM were a pain to set in the kit (especially the wheel bay....). But it's worth it, as they are very crispy and full detailled.

The isradecals are great, but instead of using the scorpion decal i painted it in order to have exactly the same sand color than the camo. I transfered the drawing of clear masking sheet, and cutted a stencil.

Here is a link to the begining of the build : http://fighters.forumactif.com/t39453-f-16cj-block-50-tamiya-1-32-conversion-block-40-barak

DSC_0681_zps75d3e0b3.jpg
DSC_0679_zps43121ba0.jpg
DSC_0678_zps6b04b48a.jpg
DSC_0676_zps3426fdba.jpg
DSC_0675_zpsd6389925.jpg
DSC_0674_zps591b032b.jpg
DSC_0673_zps12d78b05.jpg
DSC_0672_zps9a1d6fad.jpg
DSC_0671_zpsb45da018.jpg
DSC_0668_zpsdfc04af9.jpg
Edited by Zero77

Guest Peterpools

Fantastic build. Fit and finish is simply stellar. Totally agree about the Aires Resin being worth the cost and extra work to get them to fit. I never understood why a company that can produce such detailed parts, just can't go the extra mile and make them fit a lot better.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks fo your comments !

Fantastic build. Fit and finish is simply stellar. Totally agree about the Aires Resin being worth the cost and extra work to get them to fit. I never understood why a company that can produce such detailed parts, just can't go the extra mile and make them fit a lot better.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Totally agree with you ! I wonder if they only try to fit their stuff, really... It seems they do not.

Edited by Zero77

Stunning Viper you have there, I am quite envious!  Good decision on painting the Scorpion artwork as the decal is not very close to the recommended paint IMHO.  I would like to use the Aires Viper bits (especially the gear bay) but the fit frightens me!

Very, VERY well done- you ought to be very proud of that one.

It is very nice, neat finish.
Makes me want to make a israeli Block 30.
For information: Python IV missiles are not carried on the wing tips rails.

I was also wondering that, but i found that pictures so i think it is possible.

act.jpg?m=1370983335