Jennings Heilig

HK Meteor Mk.4 test shot arrived

Just got home with the HK Meteor test shot.  It looks positively fantastic!  No gimmicks, just a nice solid basic kit.  Haven't dissected it in detail yet, and I have no documentation with it.  Working on decal art for HK in the next few days.

More news as it happens!

J

I really don't have a setup to take decent pics of model parts (I've tried).  It looks just like the built-up that was shown in Tokyo, only mine's in pieces :)  I'm tied up all day tomorrow, but if I get a chance on Thursday I'll try to put something together.

It's a really nice looking kit.  Not super-uber detailed, but nice enough, and a very accurate looking Meatbox.  

Oh my poor, poor credit card even more.... I am so far behind the curve now, and we haven't heard what WNW will be doing next! For a dying hobby, the symptoms don't seem to match the expectations. I can't keep up.

This is a must-have though. Looking forward to seeing the pics.

Tim

I really hope they follow this one up with a nice Mk 8 plus a twin seater of some description in the future. 

The Mk IV is such a nice mark, loads of colourful squadron artwork for this type, I'm really looking forward to it's release.   :clap2:  

Interesting subject, I may pass on this one. But with Jennings having an inside track with this company, I'll be saving up for the rumored mosquito .

Saving up for the Lanc and the Mossie as I type :)

Almost given up saving for the Snipe, Tempest, Lancaster, Lightnings, Phantom, Meteor, Spitfire IX, Bulldog, Hart, Harvard, let alone my own couple of projects. Like I said, I am failing to keep up, big time....

Tim

First time I've tried taking pics of sprues with my occular telecommunication/computing device (whose name you can't spell out here, for some bizarre reason).  Pics are better than with my big DSLR!  There was some damage to the parts in transit, so that's not the fault of HK.  As you can see, I haven't tried to assemble the kit yet, but what you see is a complete test shot, and represents what you will get in the box.  No engine detail is provided, as HK say they want to let the aftermarket have a chance to do their magic with the kit.  Given the overall simplicity of the Meteor, and since the cockpit is essentially a black hole, the detail there looks pretty good.  You'll notice a recess for the speed brakes. I'm assuming they will be found on the PE fret, which I don't have a copy of.  Decal choices are yet to be fixed in stone, but it's likely that 600 Squadron will be one of them.  

IMG_0461.jpg

IMG_0458.jpg

IMG_0469.jpg

IMG_0459.jpg

IMG_0460.jpg

IMG_0462.jpg