Trumpeter 1:24 BF 109K-4

LSP_K2

'the black fuselage band is supposed to be two panels wide, but I only painted mine one panel wide.'

Bad daddy.

Sincerely,

Mark

Yep, odd that I missed that, Mark. Since I'm repainting the entire thing anyway (bought the paints and lead foil today, in fact), it's not a big deal, but I had to look twice to figure out what's going on.

Guest Peterpools

Kev

Mighty nice progress and so glad you caught the band width error now, making the repair: pretty simply and a lot less stressful.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Awesome! I didn't know you could buy dedicated lead foil like that. With Verlinden shutting down, will it still be available?

Kev

I don't know, Kev, but Sprue certainly has it in stock at the moment. It's overpriced, but was a necessary expedient. The sheet is not very large, but then I only need a small piece of it.

Lead foil

Looking good! :)

HÃ¥kan

Thanks a bunch.

I finally was able to spritz some RLM 02 (old Aeromaster Warbird paint) on the fuel tank today. Looks pretty decent, but there are still a few very small boo boos to deal with. My Eagle Strike decals have full stenciling for the tank too, so that's a nice plus. With any luck, I'll start repainting the air frame today.

K-4%20CL%20tank%20painted%20003_zps3rf0c