Su-25 - Red 44 Chechnya veteran (New pictures 2016 !)

Zero77

Man, what an absolute stunner!

I remember your WIP on this one Zero, but had not seen it in a while....it turned out absolutely top notch, what an impressive paint job and weatherIng, the best SU-25 model I have seen without a doubt.

Love it!

Cheer's,

Jeff.

Thank you very much for your nice comments !

Special thanks for Harvy5 that helped me a lot during the WIP with many close pictures of the real stuff and even technical data. 30 years ago you maybe you could have been court-martialed for that ! :oops:

:D

I will try to post a new bunch of better pictures (daylight) this weekend.

Very nice indeed. I have yet to get this kit... :( hopefully soon :) Btw, I like your all glass display case in the back. Mind sharing few pics of it with us? I would love to find something like this in the States.

Mike

Sorry i only have this picture, sorry for the poor quality :

20131002_013051_zps3f749fd7.jpg

It's made by a very small company near my village :

http://www.vitrines-ophelia.com

There's a few other companies in France that produce this kind of glass display, but i think you can also find some in your country.

I will have to buy a new one soon, as 1/32 scale let no room quickly ! I will try to get one with at least 1,5m width in order to place 3 models side to side.

But even 10 years ago! And this year I can talk about what I experienced in contracts and similarly ... Very nice showcase, but as I see Farmer, bad model from Trumpeter. The nose of the version S just the radar is all bad

But even 10 years ago! And this year I can talk about what I experienced in contracts and similarly ... Very nice showcase, but as I see Farmer, bad model from Trumpeter. The nose of the version S just the radar is all bad

I find it not so bad for an early trumpeter kit, and anyway it is the only Mig-19 in 1/32 scale. I dont know for the the radar, but the windscreen should have been better, but trumpeter is famous for missing the canopies and windscreen, ie : the F-105....

Here it is :

7076f817.jpg

7e913c7d.jpg

More pictures :

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=41305&hl=

• 2 years later...

Hi !

This Su-25 was chronologically my 5th finished 1/32 build and i finished it 3 years ago, but the pictures were very crappy and i said to Kevin that i would take new ones "in a few days" before he publish it. So here we are, a few days later (actually about 1000 days :) ).

I really enjoyed that build, i experimented a lot of new techniques, i worked hard on it for a longtime, got a lot of very helpful reference pictures, and i love that aircraft so i think it really deserves correct pictures in day light. So as i was taking pictures for the Sabre Dog, i took it to the garden too and start a shooting session. I also took some close-ups on details (scratch-build parts like the flares launchers, or painting or weathering technique like the sand-blasted slats, discolored camo or worned red stars. Sorry i forgot to take my rebuilt gun muzzlebreak).

I know i often take a lot of pictures and i hope it's not too heavy to load the page. Please let me know.

A funny thing : when i was taking the pictures, i was vaping (electronic cig). I accidentally took a picture when there still was a bit of smoke around and found the effect very interesting. I think it must be awesome with a carrier borne aircraft as it would looks like catapult steam very accurately. I may take new pictures of my old F-4J soon, so i may experiment it. :)

20161029_181650_zpsqifvsfkh.jpg
20161029_181710_zpspxcais1y.jpg
20161029_181736_zpsyy6zo1be.jpg
20161029_181828_zpshhnaks46.jpg
20161029_181840_zpsvru6gxtr.jpg
20161029_181857_zpsagzoswob.jpg
20161029_181903_zpsjq9oa03a.jpg
20161029_181914_zps1vmodote.jpg
20161029_181922_zpslmhu9wyl.jpg
20161029_181438_zpsve4g3kyj.jpg
20161029_181510_zpspnw7a6ic.jpg
20161029_181935_zpswre9xy1s.jpg