HPH Catalina

Stormer

I just received mine in the mail, awesome!! The fuse and outer wing panels are fiberglass like, with very fine engraving.

The wings are hollow one peice items, no mating of top and bottom halves needed.

Master brass guns, HGW belts, masks provided for all glasings and the national markings and codes for both options, decals for stencilling, Eduard colour photo etch.

Expensive, yes but nothing else to purchase apart from paint and glue.

Oh yeah, chocolate included!!

Guest Dekenba

That really is a stunning kit. Expensive, but can you imagine the fun putting it together?

And it's so rare that you are quite likely never to see another one. 

I'm seriously toying with liquidating a dozen kits to buy one - even with a 6 month lead time.

Ho boy! I said I was going to take a pass on this one, but I can feel my will power slipping away.  I keep telling myself that for what this kit costs I could spend a week in Maui.  But, on the other hand, Maui will always be there, and in the long run, I'll probably get a lot more enjoyment out of building this kit than I would in a week of lounging on some tropical beach, sipping frozen daiquiris, staring at bikini-clad girls and gorging myself on overpriced food in tourist trap restaurants.   

I already sprung for the HPH  He-111 kit, and if it lives up to expectations, the Catalina may well be next.

Jerry Peterson

I saw it on june at HPH's in Czech Rep. The box is crazy big, and so is the model. But the details are crazy anyway. There is an impressive number of small pieces in the box (the well known HPH thin sheet of resin with the parts on it). I did not buy it because i was on journey and have to take plane some days later. But i think i will buy it soon.

And the price is not so high, i think, for a short run resin kit of this quality. It is about 300€ i believe, so about the price of a trumpeter injected kit + resin cockpit / exhaust / wheel bay + brass accessories + canopy masks and so on, but for the Catalina all af this is included.

Edited by Zero77

Guest Dekenba

It's 500 Euro.

If anybody is considering buying, you could do a lot worse than buy HPH's Walrus kit. 

It's like a mini Catalina kit, with the same level of detail, PE, high quality CD instructions with colour photo's of the actual kit - and it's 150 Euro.

Utter bargain.

Guest Nigelr32

I don't actually see this kit as being expensive in comparison to some other kits. If you take the HK B-17 and add al the AM available already, it will set you back this much.

I really am tempted by this one, but that 6 month wait ooohh don't think I can handle that..

Hph, if your reading this.. get me a kit here quick and I'll give you your very own LSP review.. :innocent:  :innocent: