Brewster Buffalo Hate/love Relationship

Mal_Belford

Thx Sparzanza ,Kev and Thomas.

To Sparzanza:

Tackar :D , salt chipping, som jag använt mig av, tredje kärran jag jobbar med, finns en tutorilal på tekniken jag använder som jag utveklat som passar mig på IPMS Göteborg..... om du är nyfiken.

In english: Thx :D, ive used a salt scipping technuiqe, its the third aircraft i work with, i got a tutorial at IPMS Göteborg that i use and developed thats fits me,  if you ar curios to se how i did it.

To Thomas:

Thx Thomas :D im glad you like it, you should absolutely take on this build, ive seen your previous work and you will manage this model flawless i think, take a look on other builders and solve the issues withthis one, its a fun build, and i higly recomend SH Brewster 1:32, this is my first short run build, and so far ive enjoyd it ALOT, even if its been hard sometimes, but just sit down and think how to solve some problems, and thats one of the things that made me driven on this build, test new skill, develop new ones, enginering solutions and so on, this is a candidate for my 11th finished build since my restart last year, haven been building in 19 yrs.

also see all these fantastic builds going on in this forum and finished builds is awesome and inspiring for me alot.

/Mal

Edited by Mal_Belford

Outstanding work Mal, really enjoying this build a lot.  Thanks for taking the time to show us how you are dealing with such a difficult kit- makes me really want to tackle my Midway bird.

Thx Daywalker :D

I Like to share like other builders also do ;) how to overcome som issues or troubles with a model and how i/they solved something ;) also how they made it and to se whats ahead :D.....

Thats what ive done with this build, ive took peek on several buffalo HS Buffaolo 1:32 builds how they solved issues with this model and it helped me a lot to come up with own solutions....and to see whats lays ahead of me...

Also... Just love the "tetris" think, dont se problems, se solution ;) enginering thinking :D

And i hope they who is taking this model that they are helped by my build, and develop new ideas how to solve the issues on this one ;)

ps.

i would love to see your midway bird :D its so cool..

Edited by Mal_Belford

:wub: All the dirt in place, im pleased.....Took a natural light picture

fes0.jpg

Dryfitting it all, to check that the weathering blends in with the rest ;) oh yes, i wont forget that bareplastic spot at the wheelhouse ;)

07cd.jpg

Edited by Mal_Belford

You might have fought every inch of this build, but you are winning the battle with ease!!!!! Great modelling.

Thx Sean,

Yes i have, this havent been easy model at all, but i knew it in the beginning, this is my first short run build, since i knew it gonna require lot of work,

a lot of swearing in finnish, but i never got frustrated once, i may say the opposite, its been many things to solve and all of that, and use new technuiqes, thinking, develop new skills, and improve them also,

i enjoy this kit so far and had a lots of fun building this one, i do recomend this kit all time high :D

Well over to the work done today.

The maingear joints been improved, and they are glued with som heavy duty stuff, EPOXY :fight: since it fills the joints surface area and will bond great ;), the pulling rods been glued wit CA, and they are also prepared wint steel pins, to make it easier to attach, and also even up the models weight ;), ive read a lot of issues about this models landing gear, its so fragile, well i don have to worry about that now LOL.....

hq40.jpg

6j0t.jpg

Im pleased with the tyres, worn look on the rubber ;)

4un8.jpg

0ezm.jpg

Edited by Mal_Belford

Thx Sparanza :D

Its classic epoxi and it dries aprox 30min, benefits if you have bad fitting joints (bigger ones, not detail stuff)  and want some time to adjust, then this is awesome.

Well time to check the lines of this chubby one :wub:  dryfitting it all, got som liiitle more weathering to do, and prop is going to be chipped and painted, rigging., oh yes, the exhaust pipes and off coures a lots of smoke :punk: (not to much hahaha)

93mx.jpg

Checking the symetric of this one, got a differance from wingtip 1/2 mm to the ground (left/right) and thats fully acceptable on this model, ;) its straight, im very pleased...
t7ck.jpg

This saga is soon going to end, hopefully you all enjoyd this build and had just as fun as i had, this one will be published on inspections section.

Edited by Mal_Belford