Tamiya P-51D Mustang

Daywalker

Hey Frank,  She really looks nice.  You id an excellent job wight he showing the wear and weathering these planes took.

Gary

Thank you Gary, I appreciate that!  Tried very hard to capture the look, hope to get some better photos of her this spring in natural sunlight.  A lot of the subtle weathering effects are nearly invisible in the photos.

Frank, Couldn help it, had to take a peek again on your bird.....

It still looking wonderfull..Perfect weathered, well balanced...Just lovit, just lovit.

/Mal

Thanks again Mal, so glad you like it enough to have another look!  I am chomping at the bit to start another one very soon, was hoping to finish the Corsair first but my just dive into another Mustang sooner than later.  Fantastic kits, can't wait to see what Tamiya has up their sleeve next!

Like the others have said, that is a superb finish. Some nice touches like the slight peeling of the paint from the ID stripes and little chips in the dazzle panel. I'm going to keep this as 'reference' for when I eventually start mine.

Ian

Like the others have said, that is a superb finish. Some nice touches like the slight peeling of the paint from the ID stripes and little chips in the dazzle panel. I'm going to keep this as 'reference' for when I eventually start mine.

Ian

Thank you so much Ian, I wasn't sure if this paintjob would even work out at all, but I am thrilled with how well it did in the end.  Must admit, those chipped areas in the black stripes are one of my favorites.  Thanks for noticing!