Classifieds for scale modelers

Maketar Productions

• 2 weeks later...

I would be glad to join in.  About two years ago the toy store I was involved with called All Toy Company when our leaser had to sell some of his properties.

I have a number of 1/24 and 1/32 kits I've been selling  on HYperscale and Ebay.  I'd prefer offering low prices and avouid the Ebay fees.

Also Pay pal will work with people who use their services concerning a dispute.  They are a bit rote so it may require you personally locating a humanoid to speak with at customer service.

Your method of placing ads is way too rigid. I cannot get my listing into your site. I came across many Catch 22 episodes just now.

I am looking for large scale floats.  I tried listing the WANTED ad but your rigid system insisted that I put a price on it which is impossible because the other guy tells me how much he wants. I cannot tell the quantity because I do not know how many will be offered to me. I cannot tell what cities or countries I will ship to because I am buying  and have no idea where the possible sellers will be located. Nevertheless, your system will not list my ad because you demand that I answer questions where I do not know the answers. Catch 22 :BANGHEAD2: .  You get the idea, your system is way too inflexible.

Sorry but I cannot use your site at all.

Stephen Auslender

Hi guys,

@richdlc
Thanks!

@JimReagan

Thanks, you are welcome to start posting your ads anytime! Yes, i agree, at some point there would need to be a live person to help resolve any issues.

@ssculptor

Thanks for your suggestions. There is no catch 22 or in fact any other ;-)

If you list your ad in WANTED section, simply put "0" (Zero) for the price, that way its obvious that you are expecting an offer, as i already said in this thread. If i set it up for users to put anything in the price list we would end up with even greater confusion as everyone would simply put anything in there... wanted, lf, looking for, need, fs, trade, anyone outhere... you get the point.

"Quantity" will usually stay "1" if you are not looking for specific number of items. Once the potential seller contacts you its easy to arrange everything else afterwards, number of wanted items as well.

"item ships to" would be YOUR address as thats where the item will ship to ;-) it also helps potential seller to decide if he/she will be willing to post to that country/state/city...

Its not that complicated or inflexible at all ;-)

Its a bit tricky to implement every single suggestion from a bunch of people as that way we woulnd end up with "Frankenstein" of a website.

This is V.1 of the website and i am always up for a good suggestions to make it better and easier to use but the point is to keep it simple.

Cheers,

Alek

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Kits&Things website has been updated and new options added.

Most important feature that has been added is currency auto detection which means that every price will be shown in visitor's native currency.

Please let me know if anyone spots any issues with new currency option.

Also, comments and suggestions always very welcome!

Kits&Things

cheers,

Alek

• 4 weeks later...

hello everyone,

@Youngtiger1,

thanks mate! ;-)

Just a little heads up on things...

Wishlist feature has been added on Kits&Things website and is available for both registered and non registered users. It works in the same way as "watching-list" does on eBay.
Things are slowly starting to pick up as more and more people is interested in this sort of free advertising and trading.

More new adds as well.

Check it out:

http://www.kitsandthings.net/

Cheers,

Alek

• 5 months later...