Emil Lang, Fw190A-5 Black 7, 5./JG 54, May 1943

I have spent the summer decompressing from the aggrivation I've had working and re-working, times 3, the Marsaille 109 cowling working on the following. I hadn't really planned to do a WIP but only wanted to show what I've been doing to while away the hours but I couldn't find a heading for the subject. So I started this WIP thread but truthfully don't anticipate very much follow-up any time soon because, with all of the really great Corsair builds going on I thought I'd break out my Trumpeter A-1 and see what I can see.

Anyway, this is what I've spent the summer geeking out on. I hope you enjoy it.

Black7_zps1e1db4f1.jpg

Montex Masks K32013

Cockpit

DSCN7124_zps192404cd.jpg

DSCN7126_zpsd0db9fc7.jpg

DSCN7128_zpsad9d57ce.jpg

DSCN7127_zpsa65dab2d.jpg

DSCN7129_zps334a85e8.jpg

DSCN7137_zpsb216bf0a.jpg

DSCN7138_zps2753e687.jpg

More to come.

Edited by dodgem37

Guest Peterpools

Mark

Now that's what I call relaxation! Absolutely top flight: the detailing is exquisite. Sure wish you take this project to completion.

Keep 'em coming ... PLEASE!!!

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Terrific work as always Mark! Your attention to detail is astounding. I'm curious about which kit this is though, as it doesn't look like the old-tool kit, but I'm fairly sure the new-tool kit doesn't come with an engine.

:hmmm:

Kev

Thank you, Peter. This was just some R & R for the summer. Although the engine was time-consuming and tedius, each project/phase I was able to accomplish in about a week. I stopped at the wheel well because I couldn't figure out a quick plan of action, something that didn't involve a major undertaking. It's something I need to mull over

Thanks a heap, Kevin. This is the Hasegawa Hermann Graf A-5. The one with the red triangles on the rudder and red tulip on the nose. The engine is relatively rudimentary. The front and rear piston-set, and fire wall are molded as a single unit, unlike the Tamiya Corsair & Zero engines which are two halves you put together to make two separate piston-sets.

Sincerely,

Mark

Thank you, Martin. There sure is a lot to the undercarriage. I wasn't expecting as much as there ended up being. But it just kept adding up. I didn't show the other side of the gear cover, but as you know, the gear legs are 'pinned' to the covers with screws at the hex nut location, which is how I too connected the strut to the cover.

Kevin, can you move this thread over to the Wurger factory?

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Mark

This is the Hasegawa Hermann Graf A-5. The one with the red triangles on the rudder and red tulip on the nose. The engine is relatively rudimentary. The front and rear piston-set, and fire wall are molded as a single unit, unlike the Tamiya Corsair & Zero engines which are two halves you put together to make two separate piston-sets.

Thanks Mark. I've got exactly that kit, and have to confess that I've never noticed the 'engine' part before.

Kev

Martinn, I had seen imagery of the aircraft scheme being both the A-5 and A-6 and took the chance that the A-5 was the one go with after seeing the Montex Mask set. So I really didn't know, and truthfully don't know, which aircraft it would be and took the 'recommendation' of Montex after seeing their mask set.

Sincerely,

Mark