Emil Lang, Fw190A-5 Black 7, 5./JG 54, May 1943

• 3 weeks later...

Alain, Apologies for the late response.  I've been on Holiday without Internet access.

All of my photos for all of my builds are hosted on Photobucket.  All of the photos on all of my threads are blank.  I know there have been a lot of past complaints about Photobucket, but this is the first time I've had an issue.  A really big one, unfortunately.

I'll be moving from it to something else as soon as I figure it all out.  To what I don't know.  I'm not savvy about image hosting.  I do need a recommendation if anyone would like to do so.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Mark

DCMCUmo.jpg

JJCPCA4.jpg

P9oKVEO.jpg

Got the Imgur thing semi-figured out.  Hope this is what you're interested in.  If you study what I've done compared to the photo you will see my error.  The 3 inner discs should be indentations.  I misinterpreted the image and didn't pick up the misinterpretation until after I took the photo.

Sincerely,

Mark

Thank you, Brothers.  I've been doing a little of this and a little of that.  Some re-do and some new stuff.

q77rwGA.jpg

I don't know why these images are so big.  Anyway.  Reworked the engine.  New distributor wires from monofilament fishing line, I see one moved, I'll fix that, bolt heads, and something-or-other on the piston heads with white rod on the piston face.  Painting clean-up is necessary throughout.

ZLQtQu4.jpg

Added detail.

VqXVoKd.jpg

All together now.

qPQGxm9.jpg

Opened this indentation, which ended up creating more work.  I hadn't noticed that the ribs were tapered until after I installed them.  I'll see what I can do about that later.

VvegQ1d.jpg

Opening the indentation meant that I had to fill a void.  In a dyslexic moment I made two of the same shell ejection chutes.  I'll have to make the one on the right over again.  Just as well, it's construction is horrid.

TDWK5RE.jpg

Working on the engine mount.

YbOiOoe.jpg

Shell ejector chute opening. 

64DMUD5.jpg

The top and bottom of the Instrument Panel aren't connected, as Hasegawa has molded it, so I ground out the back but left the sides attached.  Threw some wiring in for effect.

cR0edCf.jpg

Front.  White Prismacolor pencil.    I'll go over the sweep hands and airplane with some white oil paint so they stand out. 

pTnLevd.jpg

Removed the old wiring and replaced it with new.  Paint stains everywhere.  Top of left rudder pedal broke off and had to be super glued back on.  The reason it's crooked.  Made a strap from tape.  I see I have to paint the cable ties.  Wiring is Detail Master 1/24 Ignition Wires.  See below.

DM-1024 Ignition Wire .0125

http://www.detailmaster.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Session_ID=8716fd055d9c68f6e665f7d85916e1e2&Screen=PROD&Store_Code=detailmaster&Product_Code=DM-1024&Category_Code=DM-IGW

Comes in red, too.

1w0qizt.jpg

Junction Box.

0ag1hZZ.jpg

Another Junction Box.

NrL1agA.jpg

Bulkhead with shell chutes.

MRugc2O.jpg

Old news, but since it's original link is broken I'd thought I throw it in.

Thanks for looking.

Sincerely,

Mark

Edited by dodgem37

Thank you, Brothers.

Finished up the Cockpit and Engine Mount Compartment.

Ldj2PmF.jpg

A couple of squashed solder balls as fasteners.

oz4Lc8x.jpg

Black electrical junction box, wire, and tape clasp.

MQ3aPqK.jpg

Added a switch and crank.

dqwiJdH.jpg

Finished up the firewall and roughed in some piping.  Empty slots will receive yellow and red wiring.  Engine Mount to Firewall mounting connection made up.

9XpetoH.jpg

Another view.

QEuPFwK.jpg

Luckily it fit.

ER8i8zu.jpg

Another test fit.

ojNxM1d.jpg

Vent hardware.

jam5ITd.jpg

Added cabling.  It will go through the pulley in the next photo.

Ong40zt.jpg

Pulley.  Drilled hole a top to thread the cable.  Hole across from pulley is an ERROR, ERROR, ERROR, WILL ROBINSON!  Or is it DANGER!?  The other hole will accept the three wires from above.

2xpqAkC.jpg

Center Engine Mount support structure.

Qlho0Lx.jpg

Bunch of rods and handle around the canopy crank.

UVQ3AVJ.jpg

Fitted.

Thanks for looking.

Sincerely,

Mark