Emil Lang, Fw190A-5 Black 7, 5./JG 54, May 1943

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Sir, amazing work on your 190. Your skills are light years ahead of mine. Questions, first I noticed some colored sections of (plastic) on the main landing gear and engine. Do you buy them or make them? Lastly, amazing work on the sliding canopy. How did you glue all the support stuff inside the canopy? 

Respectfully,

Jim

Thank you, everyone.  I don't have notifications on for this thread so I don't know if anyone is stopping by.  I guess I have to change that.

'. . . some colored sections of (plastic) on the main landing gear and engine.  Do you buy them or make them?'

Jim, the color plastic on the main landing gear and engine is stripped insulation off of the blue/white roll of solid core copper wire below.

MGTi4N3.jpg

'How did you glue all the support stuff inside the canopy?'

fZAxYxK.jpg

I use regular super glue.  But first I dip the canopy in Future to seal the plastic against the super glue fumes, which causes clear plastic to frost.  I used to tape it up prior to the super glue work, as I've done here.  But on the last project I didn't tape off the canopy after dipping prior to doing any canopy stuff and I didn't run into any fogging problems.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Mark

• 8 months later...

Not yet, my Brother.  There are a couple of builds ahead of this.  Even tho I told myself I wouldn't start something new before I finished the old I'm currently working on finishing the weathering of a 1/25th Jeep, which seems to be taking longer than the build.  Earlier others had asked if there had been any movement on a Bf109K-4 and a Rex build I'd been doing.  The K-4 requires less work to finish so I've taken the Bf109K-4 found in my signature off of the shelf of doom and put that on my build desk to study.  After that, the Rex, then this kit.  It will be awhile before I get back to this.  But I will.  In the meantime, I've got this:

usJYKHph.jpg

A05SNveh.jpg

zFfwk2yh.jpg

BpYxLjoh.jpg

n9hDgnMh.jpg

SIiV0g1h.jpg

Bo2VmAlh.jpg

866hzIqh.jpg

G9udJiEh.jpg

6dHCqT5h.jpg

3kJWBIEh.jpg

9S3r393h.jpg