Emil Lang, Fw190A-5 Black 7, 5./JG 54, May 1943

Mike, you make me laugh out loud.  Thank you.

Do not try at home.

Brake_zps05f2b6c5.jpg

My reference.  Pg. 154 HT model special No. 916, Focke-Wulf FW 190A/F/G/S.

DSCN7162_zps50f3b200.jpg

This is what I should have done from the start, but I was being mentally lazy.  The piston toward the top, below the two springs, is too thick, I'm going to have to replace it with a smaller diameter rod.

DSCN7163_zps7ffcdb51.jpg

In situ.

DSCN7165_zpse10f7faf.jpg

Rim in place.  Sits high on the piston.

DSCN7166_zps4c5a8112.jpg

All together now . . .

Thanks for looking in.

Sincerely,

Mark

Edited by dodgem37

Thank you, John.  The hexagon parts are punched from .010 sheet styrene with a Waldren hex punch set.

Cool A-7 video.  I hope the tech that jumped into the intake got back out!  It would be nice to see a manufacturer do, or aftermarket conversion for, a 1/32nd scale A-7K.

Sincerely,

Mark

Kevin, you're so funny.

Thank you, Peter.  As you can see, it's really rough.  Which was actually difficult for me to decide to do in this manner.

My first inclination was to simply do it, which I probably will go back and do, another reason why it's not glued together, because it is my nature. 

But also, I thought I was finished with the wheels/struts and really didn't want to back-track, so I did it half-heartedly.  My apologies Martinn.  I'll do the next one right and go back and redo this one.

Thank you, Jerry.  I just thought the braking system would show thru the openings, much as disc brakes show thru modern car rims.

I found nothing to support this, as everything I found was either a line drawing of the holed face or a photograph that was so dark inside the rim as to not be able to make any determination, but it made sense to me.

As I wrote, 'I hope this is right', because I don't know.  I'm working from a reference book showing a solid disc rim and this pad braking system and not from an A-5 manual.

Sincerely,

Mark

Hope you didn't take my post the wrong way.  I believe your research. I was just saying I have never seen anyone delve into the innards of the wheel and replicate the brake detail before is all. This is like the time you went whole hog on the ETC rack for the 109. Holy cow that was nice and a complete kit unto itself.  Or the inner detail on the canopy. I could go on like a little schoolgirl but you get my point,

J

J

I in no way, shape, or form feel I took your post the wrong way.  It had not occurred to me, until Peter and you made your statements, that I too had never seen brakes done before.

My second posting was only to illustrate how rough the first effort had been.  If I gave the impression in any of my responses that I had misinterpreted your comment then I humbly apologize and ask your forgiveness for any discomfort or misunderstanding I may have caused.  It was not my intent.

Sincerely,

Mark

Edited by dodgem37

I in no way, shape, or form feel I took your post the wrong way.  It had not occurred to me, until Peter and you made your statements, that I too had never seen brakes done before.

My second posting was only to illustrate how rough the first effort had been.  If I gave the impression in any of my responses that I had misinterpreted your comment then I humbly apologize and ask your forgiveness for any discomfort or misunderstanding I may have caused.  It was not my intent.

Sincerely,

Mark

Ok ok ok,no worries my good buddy. I was more concerned that you had got the wrong Idea. No offense at all taken on my end,believe me. I am just thoroughly enjoying watching you take it to the next level,or really the next many levels.

J