Emil Lang, Fw190A-5 Black 7, 5./JG 54, May 1943

Thank you, Brothers.

The pictures are back in all of my threads.  That's good news.  Anyway.

Been adding stuff to the inner flaps so they don't look so bare.

H0GJL9o.jpg

The flap down angle should be a maximum of 60 degrees.  Not what Hasegawa offers.  So I cut (scored) and pasted the tab to a corrected angle of 60 degrees..

v9BI7Cg.jpg

Better.

8Otgvq3.jpg

Put in a new camera.  I see it still needs some clean-up.

HU2NaTx.jpg

Made some flap stuff.

NfgOz4F.jpg

Little buttons are neoprene stand-offs.

XlE8IUz.jpg

A couple of rods.  I don't know if this aircraft had this detail.

dn6t8Ps.jpg

But they were in the reference I was using so I put them in to jazz the space up a bit.

Thank you for looking and liking.

Sincerely,

Mark

Thank you, Brothers.

Put in a little more time.  Performed a re-do and some original stuff.

T6uSaAk.jpg

Removed the .015 rods.

30jOMte.jpg

And replaced with .010 rods.

dcBqn3J.jpg

.020 solder as hinges.

N3XB9EF.jpg

Thought I would open up the storage bin.  Non-regulation depth.    Opened up the 'D' shaped space.  The antenna wire enters into there.  Apologies for the squiggly thing.

fZAxYxK.jpg

Overall canopy work.

xSRi6wv.jpg

Same.

evBIDAe.jpg

Canopy top structural wire connection.  Drilled a hole through the canopy and the center structure to thread the antenna wire out the other side.

HcV0IZI.jpg

Detail of pulley housing for antenna wire and canopy bottom structural wire connection.

aqFIndy.jpg

Canopy in place and slid back.  Canopy 'glass' flexes and stays in position.  Those familiar with the Fw190 canopy condition will understand.

Sincerely,

Mark

Thank you, Brothers.

I've been asked  to define the wire I'm using for the hydraulic brake lines, main leg bracing/retraction strut, and blue/red tubing for the landing gear legs and engine.

MAiZR6D.jpg

MGTi4N3.jpg

The purple wire is beading wire, found at Michaels.  I'm sure it can be found at any Craft store.  The blue tubing is insulation stripped from copper wire.  I don't recall where I got it.  It was either from a computer or a tube television.  I used the same blue insulation on the first engine detailing project.

jam5ITd.jpg

Here I've used blue and green stripped insulation as wire ties.

31cYN5S.jpg

The brass wire is beading wire, from Michaels, and the retraction wire is monofilament sewing machine thread from a fabric store.

evBIDAe.jpg

This is the same red insulation I used on the first engine detailing project before I redid it with Albion Alloys.

t7V7Vvr.jpg

I believe I got this insulated wire from Radio Shack years ago.  I just strip it off of the wire.

This is from the first post on Page 4 of this thread:

The brass engine distributor wire is 32 gauge bead wire from Michaels.  They have a ton of different gauges and colors.  Nothing insulated that I recall.  The blue/white insulated copper wire I think I took from a dead analog tv a couple of years ago.

The red insulation is from 32 gauge single strand insulated wire, I think from Radio Shack.  Otherwise this may do: https://www.omegaeng.cz/pptst_eng/TFIR_CH_CI_CC_CY_AL.html

The purple wire for the brake line is 32 or 30 gauge painted wire.  I think it may be bead wire also.

Sincerely,

Mark