Are we in a Luftwaffe renaissance?

seiran01

Wouldn't mind getting more Italian planes on the market. The rest of the Reggiane fighters would be great, and an S.79 would be a dream kit, but I doubt it would happen, since the Italian contribution to the war seems a bit swept under the rug. Same with the Russians. A Lagg-3 would be cool, but a PE-2 in 1/32 would be amazing.

Matt :frantic:

Да, это правда!!!

The most common VVS aircraft have never really been modeled in 1/32 in any meaningful way, like the La-5 or -7. I have the 153 kit....looks great, but resin it is. No Yak-1...No Yak-3....No Yak-9 or LaGG series, either.

Harrumph!

That said, I would love a Do-17 or a 126/129....

Tim W.

No Yak-1? What is this 1/32 resin kit I managed to build then? ;)

DSCN0917.jpg

More in completed builds in signature links for anyone interested.

Doug

DSCN0917.jpg

Doug

I'm aware of the resin ones--I think somebody does a Lavochkin 5 (or maybe a 7?) as well, but these are not injection molded kits (and they aren't cheap, either).

But I may end up going that route anyway!

Tim W.

DSCN0917.jpg

Doug

Doug, that's one that I'd love to do but the price of some of the resin kits is just hard for me to justify. I've seen the Aeropoxy Yak-3 on ebay in the $70 range which is tempting, but the $130-ish price tag for the Yak-1 is just too much for a single engine fighter in my book.

Yet another LSP thread moving towards a wish list and why isn't there are a model of ...

To comment on the orginal post, no I don't think it is a renaissance of Luftwaffe kits. No denying the popularity or the quantity of kits coming out. However they have always had a strong following and there have always been kits of 'lesser known' aircraft available that would never be produced for any Air Force other than Luftwaffe. I think they have just slid down the curve and are getting towards some lesser know types. I mean there has always been good kits (based on technology at time of molding) of the big three; 109, 190, and 262 for as long as I can remember. Then came some of the bombers and utility aircraft. The Luftwaffe fans are well served by industry, because it sells. So I don't think we are in a renaissance because this vien has always been so well served.

So all that being said, I want more aircraft from 1928-1934 of the RCAF, and 1936-1937 civilian types flying routes from Santiego to Lima. I want several choices of each type in injection mold, resin, and photo-etch cutaway. I want them all to be sold for less the than price of a used 1:72 matchbox hurricane. I'll choose carefully over the Internet and buy from the lowest cost supplier, spending the bulk of my building time searching for an even lower price to complain about after I've ordered. Also why isn't there a decent kit of a CF-101B voodoo available? My wish list includes a WNW Nieuport 17.

Post war neglected? F86, F84, T33, Sea Fury, F100, F104, F105, Crusader, Corsair, F4, A1, A6, MiGs in all shades, and more! Methinks we hobbyists complain too much. The manufacturers between them are pumping out kits approximately 10 times faster than I can buy them at the moment, let alone actually build them. I JUST buy British operational subjects (although I did just pick up a Wolfpack F86 and a SH F80C...) , and I'm already 4 releases behind the curve with WingNut Wings, haven't bought a Tempest or a Lightning yet, am still saving for an Avenger, and have half a dozen scratch and conversion projects at various stages of progress. Nothing would please me more than to see the Trump Buccaneer and Jaguar kits in the shops, but it might be a while before I bought them, and longer still before I started them.

Come on guys, our collective cup is not just running over, it is a veritable TSUNAMI of stuff!! Lets start grinning, instead of whining all the time...

Tim

Edited by wunwinglow

I grew up in a family where everything 'allied' was way better than anything the Germans produced. With time I have 'defected' to the 'axis of evil' side of things lol. I still love my Hawker Hurricane, Mossie and Lancaster aircraft but I also totally love the Fw190 (in all guises).

So this recent flood of German kits is most welcome to me. and has been pointed out there are still some vital German aircraft that haven't been done in 1/32 yet with modern techniques. Do17Z, Do217J/M, Hs129 etc etc.

Having said that I'm still waiting for the 1/32 Lanc and Mossie supposedly on the drawing board at HKM. They are a defo purchase if and when they become available