Planet Models XF5U-1 - FIN!

Once again, we tread into unknown waters.......................

I figured since I have been slackin a bit & since its my B-Day, that Id start this "present to myself" in the ABIM GB

The kits is really straight forward, and and once you see it youll agree it wont take much to make a winner out of this one.

Im putting my Rufe on hold for a short while while I knock out this wonderfully weird 1/32nd scale X-Plane. It just arrived from SprueBrothers and I will have an in-box review up shortly. The kit IS wonderfully detailed, but I will be changing and adding some things along the way.

The kit comes in a surprisingly large but very sturdy white cardboard box -

DSC01622.jpg

Come along for the ride eh?  Might as well right? :lol:  JK more progress soon and cheers,

Edited by Out2gtcha

Thanks guys!

Here are some more pics of what you get in the box. Im not putting up a TON of pics as I will wait and post a link to the IBR review of this kit I will send to LSP for publishing.

Its not a terribly huge thing, but the rivet work is VERY restrained and well done -

DSC01626.jpg

Just a little flash to take care of but nothing the WAY below average modeler couldn't handle -

DSC01628.jpg

My Tamiya A6M2 + MDC Rufe center section for a size comparison -

DSC01631.jpg

Pit is a bit sparse (have some scratchbuild plans for that) but the wheels, elevons, and props are VERY nicely molded -

DSC01648.jpg

DSC01650.jpg

DSC01652.jpg

Everything is in individual but connected sealed bags, and so far the fit looks ok -

DSC01636.jpg

DSC01638.jpg

Two vac canopies and nose cones make things handy. Both sets well done and clear -

DSC01639.jpg

Im now soaking every single resin parts in Westleys Bleche Wite (Now Black Magic Bleche Wite) overnight to get rid of any mold release agents, grease and/or dirt -

DSC01662.jpg

When I get up later tomorrow today, I will wash everything off w/cool water and soap, and likely start in on the pit area along with some initial trial fitting, and maybe even some other misc detail work.

Thanks and cheers,

Happy belated b-day Brian. Mine is on the way so thanks for the preview of what to expect.

Westley's Bleche Wite isn't available in Canada so any suggestions for an alternative? I might try some bike degreaser since it's safe on plastics.

Carl