2013 IPMS NAts & MLF Winner

DR I Ace

WNW Lead the pack in the 1/32 Category with 22 of 24 Entries. 1st place- WNW Fe2b by Mike Moore, Chattanooga, TN, ; 2nd place WNW Roland D VI by Joe LoMusio, Fullerton, CA, 3rd place- Revell 1/28 Camel by Ed Boll, Corona, CA.

Joe LoMusio also won the Michael L Fritz Award for his collection of 21-1/48 scale Nieuport fighters and 1st in Category of Collections and Judges Overall Best Miscellaneous entry. Pictures on Aeroscale in Early Aviation Forum, htttp://svsm.org/gallery/loveland2013-awards,pages 3, 27 & 28; and the WW I modeling Page (Allan Wright's).

Edited by DR I Ace

I had one of the Gothas, a DH.9, and an E.III there. I felt sorry for the judges as I watched (from a distance) them try to figure out how to pick the winners. Since it was one of the last categories judged, there were no more splits available. If the category had been judged earlier, there probably would have been a split. Twenty-three entries was a lot for one category; the categories in which I assisted in judging had been split and reduced to fewer than ten entries.

As the saying goes, "You pays your money and you takes your chances."

-Jim Coatney