Navigation Lights

petrov27

Heya - trying to replicate red/green nav wingtip lights but having a difficulty finding the old clear red/green toothbrushes that folks typically use to replicate these - do they still make those types of toothbrushes or are they all the fancy-shmancy solid white plastic with color grips now? Been to two pharmacies and struck out so far...

I have some aftermarket red/green lights from somebody or-the-other but they are too small for what I need in 1/32....

Thanks!

I always use green and red glass-paint ( brand : Talens and I don't know if it is sold outside the Netherlands) to paint these lights, the paint is very thick and dark , has a nice gloss and most off all......looks the part! (at least to me.....) I buy them at my local art-shop.

Guest Jessie_C

Try a plastic fabrication shop. They can get coloured plastic sheets of various thicknesses. A couple of offcuts from red and green sheets will keep you going for ages.

Try a plastic fabrication shop. They can get coloured plastic sheets of various thicknesses. A couple of offcuts from red and green sheets will keep you going for ages.

Good tip. Welcome aboard Jessie!

:post1:

Kev