Hasegawa Bf 109F-4/b Jabo $27.13 at Tower

D Bellis

Great price! Wish I could get them locally for something like that.

Kev

... just had a look ... buy the kit for $27.13, post it via the cheapest option to Perth, WA for $30.00+ USD ... (of course if you wanted it here yesterday you could fork out $71.00+ USD!!!!)

= around about $67.00 AUD in our bullish forex market (even after rallying gains today) ... mmmm I think I can get this for not much more in Oz!?

... just had a look ... buy the kit for $27.13, post it via the cheapest option to Perth, WA for $30.00+ USD ... (of course if you wanted it here yesterday you could fork out $71.00+ USD!!!!)

= around about $67.00 AUD in our bullish forex market (even after rallying gains today) ... mmmm I think I can get this for not much more in Oz!?

AFAIK it hasn't made it out here yet, but I'd imagine it would be cheaper than that...though you never know I guess.

Kev

Great price but I've got more than enough 109's.... :deadhorse:

I hear ya. I've got 5 built and another 11 unstarted in the stash (just the 1/32 kits - many more if we get into counting smaller scales). That didn't stop me from buying another because I'm light on '109F kits. Probably have to add yet another in the form of the new Revell '109 just to see for myself what's in the box.

Artful69,

Is that $30 for shipping before or after taking off $9.95 with the coupon? Tower is pretty good about 'flat rate' shipping, so buying multiples should get you a lower price-per-kit shipping cost.

Just a thought. :hmmm:

Of course, you Aussie modelers are welcome to relocate here to the US just so you can partake in the good deals without the high shipping rates... :P

D

PS

The 5 built, in case anyone is interested:

Matchbox '109E-7/trop

21st Century '109F-4z/trop Marseille

Hasegawa/ProModeler '109G-2 Krupinski

Hasegawa/Promodeler '109Z-1 (two kits)

Edited by D Bellis

They're still listed as of this posting. :)

D

Yeah and it's killing me because I've already spent my "allowance". I still need a Friedrich or two and this would be a better alternative to doing yet another Aires conversion.

You almost have to wonder if this is an error on their part. I'm sure that by the time I have more "allowance" they will have changed the price or be sold out. :doh: :frantic:

You almost have to wonder if this is an error on their part. I'm sure that by the time I have more "allowance" they will have changed the price or be sold out. :doh: :frantic:

Not likely an error. Tower's normal thing is to clearance-sale anything that has been discontinued by the manufacturer. In Hasegawa's case, that happens quite frequently with their 'limited edition' releases.

Would this be the same as the "G" series or completely different?

New fuselage parts and the rest from their G series kits. Check this page out for more info:

http://www.hyperscale.com/2010/reviews/kits/hasegawast31reviewbg_1.htm

D

Would this be the same as the "G" series or completely different?

Do you mean the kit, or the 109 in general? D is correct in that the F kit is a new tool and different than Hasegawa's previous G and K tooling. As for 109s in general, to those who are not familiar with them, the F and G look pretty much the same. They both have the more streamlined, rounded nose and wingtips, as opposed to the E and earlier variants which are more squared.

Not likely an error. Tower's normal thing is to clearance-sale anything that has been discontinued by the manufacturer. In Hasegawa's case, that happens quite frequently with their 'limited edition' releases.

I'll have to keep a closer eye on them, then!

Edited by mywifehatesmodels